Windows 10: Connecting Outlook email to POP server

Discus and support Connecting Outlook email to POP server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 7 PC using Windows Live Mail. Using the same connection settings to my POP server, I have tried to connect using Outlook on my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CurtAR, Dec 30, 2020.

1. CurtAR Win User

Connecting Outlook email to POP server

I have a Windows 7 PC using Windows Live Mail. Using the same connection settings to my POP server, I have tried to connect using Outlook on my new Windows 10 PC. Will not connect. It will also not connect on my Windows 10 laptop. I have also tried with a legacy copy of WLM and Thunderbird. Will not connect. My firewall is not blocking Outlook. Seems to be an issue with Windows 10, not outlook or other email clients. Any help?

:)

CurtAR, Dec 30, 2020
  2. geno368 Win User

Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Dec 30, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook 2010 and iphone4 email questions!!

If Outlook is set as a POP3 account, and the option isn't enabled to leave a copy of the email on the server, then yes you are correct, once the email is downloaded to the computer with outlook it won't be accessible on the iPhone.

newtekie1, Dec 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Connecting Outlook email to POP server - Similar Threads - Connecting Outlook email

2. Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??: All of a sudden my Outlook email stopped working. I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 so that's the version of Outlook I am using. 1. At first the error I got was 0X800CCC1A, something about not being able to connect to the IMAP server. 2. I went to my Outlook Data File...
  3. Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??: All of a sudden my Outlook email stopped working. I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 so that's the version of Outlook I am using. 1. At first the error I got was 0X800CCC1A, something about not being able to connect to the IMAP server. 2. I went to my Outlook Data File...
  4. Outlook Email not downloading on Comcast server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Email not downloading on Comcast server: I am not receiving my Comcast Email through my long-time Outlook account. Every time I start the computer, there's a pop-up box that asks me to enter my user name, with ********** in the password box. It does not go away when I click on the OK box. It keeps popping up no...
  5. Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails: Have an att.email address. Outlook server/port info for inbound/outbound emails included POP3/att.net settings. Cannot now receive/send emails since ATT has changed inbound/outbound mail to be routed through yahoo.com. Need to keep my existing att.net address. Need to...
  6. problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server: problems experienced with connecting outlook to the SKY server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-experienced-with-connecting-outlook-to/b2c10246-b2dd-410d-837b-43f9a929a0eb"
  7. outlook rarely can connect to the server

outlook rarely can connect to the server: outlook has been very frustrating to run over the past year. on my desktop machine, running windows 10, outlook suddenly had issues connecting to the server. having multiple email addresses for work, those connect, send and receive mail just fine. but the hotmail account...
  8. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  9. Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator...
  10. Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 not connecting to server: I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online! [img] *Mad I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting...