Windows 10: connecting phone to computer

Discus and support connecting phone to computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a phone. There is no way to link it to my computer. I'm going to make an assumption here the same one Microsoft is making and assume they mean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XJasonBowmanX, Jan 15, 2022.

1. connecting phone to computer

I have a phone. There is no way to link it to my computer. I'm going to make an assumption here the same one Microsoft is making and assume they mean cellular telephone. The fact they don't specify that alarms me. Why does windows assume everyone has a cellular telephone. The continuing act of asking constantly to link your cellular telephone and not once asking first if u even have a cellular telephone is the most pressuring brainwashing dumb arrogant question I've ever experienced. By not even asking first if u have a cellular telephone there propagating the the a version of reality where ev

:)

XJasonBowmanX, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

My Phone Explorer not connecting

Phil,

'obtain the phone's ISP' = 'obtain the phone's IP' I assume

You can always connect it by USB to side-step the problem

To fix the problem:-
    1 Get the IP from the phone MPE client's Settings page and tell MPE on the computer to use that.
    2 Once you have successfully connected using that specific IP, change the computer's MPE, File, Settings, Connections back to AutoDetect and it will pick it up however you have it connected.

I have had to repeat this IP setting up after my phone has had an OS update so perhaps that's what has happened in your case as well.

Denis

3. Tabvla Win User
    Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, Jan 15, 2022
  4. meebers Win User

connecting phone to computer

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

connecting phone to computer

1. connecting phone to computer - Similar Threads - connecting phone computer

2. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  3. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  4. Phone connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connection.: So I can connect my phone to my computer through Microsoft, the Your Phone Companion, but when I look at the list of devices I can't see it. How do I link my phone on there, if possible?...
  5. Phone connection.

Phone connection.: So I can connect my phone to my computer through Microsoft, the Your Phone Companion, but when I look at the list of devices I can't see it. How do I link my phone on there, if possible?...
  6. Phone connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. connecting phone to computer

connecting phone to computer: I have a phone. There is no way to link it to my computer. I'm going to make an assumption here the same one Microsoft is making and assume they mean cellular telephone. The fact they don't specify that alarms me. Why does windows assume everyone has a cellular telephone. The...
  8. Computer doesn't recognize or connect to phone

Computer doesn't recognize or connect to phone: 04/17/21 I purchased this computer a couple of months ago. I installed it about 3 weeks ago. HP keeps updating & restarting. Microsoft says phone companion installed but doesn't recognize the phone. I have looked at all the programs on device manager, they say everything is...
  9. connect phone to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect phone to computer: how to get stuff off my samsung s4 screen broke cant see anything but still works is there a way to hook it to my computer an get stuff off please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-phone-to-computer/e5f12f7c-56dd-4c22-9733-1e337c304fa1
  10. Can't connect Your Phone app between phone and computer

Can't connect Your Phone app between phone and computer: I can't connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) with my Windows 10 laptop. Both are up to date. I've tried reinstalling the phone app, clearing the cache and data for the phone app and resetting the desktop app. I've tried unlinking and relinking my phone to my Microsoft...