Windows 10: Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Discus and support Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Just upgraded 2 computers in the home. Replaced the hard drives and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on both. I have a Brothers MFC-L2680W that I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickW, Aug 15, 2020.

1. RickW Win User

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Hi,
    Just upgraded 2 computers in the home. Replaced the hard drives and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on both. I have a Brothers MFC-L2680W that I used wireless on my wifes pc. After the upgrade I have 2 separate Ethernet cables out of the Router to the Desktops (Needed faster speed for my wifes). I have tried to connect the printer to be shared by each but cannot seem to get it done correctly. Maybe it's not possible since I'm using Ethernet on both? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

:)

RickW, Aug 15, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers ! [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers ! [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 15, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Printer recognition

If you have Windows 10, you should have asked your question in the Windows 10 section rather than Windows 7.

I'll move this thread there.

Here are some step by step instructions for adding a printer in Windows 10.

How to Add a Wireless or Network Printer in Windows 10

If you need further assistance, please answer the questions:

1. What is the specific model of your Dell printer?

2. How is the printer connected and to what device is the printer connected? For example:

• Is the printer connected by USB cable to your desktop computer?
    • Is the printer connected by USB cable to another computer?
    • Is the printer connected by an Ethernet cable to a router?
    • Is the printer connected by wifi to a router?
      • If the printer is connected by Ethernet or wifi to a router, what is the make and model of the router as shown on the label on the back or bottom of that device?
    • Is the printer connected by wifi directly to your desktop computer?

4. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

1. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers ! - Similar Threads - Connecting Printer Ethernet

2. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  3. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  4. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  6. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  7. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable: when i connect 2 laptops Windows 10 together via ethernet cable can I still connect my laptops to the internet via ethernet while they are connected together?...
  9. 2 Different ethernet connections.

2 Different ethernet connections.: My ethernet connection(s) are very flaky, software frequently complaining that it is not connected. I think it is because I have 2 Different ethernet connections, Ethernet and Ethernet2; my "Home" workgroup appears to exist only on the Ethernet2 connection. How can I...
  10. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers: Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have...