Windows 10: Connecting Printer to new network

Discus and support Connecting Printer to new network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a new modem and router and now my wireless printer wont work. Without uninstalling it and reinstalling it using a USB, is there an easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinGray4, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Connecting Printer to new network

I recently got a new modem and router and now my wireless printer wont work. Without uninstalling it and reinstalling it using a USB, is there an easy way to get it connected again?

:)

JustinGray4, Apr 20, 2020
  2. RokeW Win User

Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Apr 20, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting Printer to new network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting Printer to new network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 20, 2020
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Connecting Printer to new network

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Connecting Printer to new network

1. Connecting Printer to new network - Similar Threads - Connecting Printer network

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  4. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot connect new Win11 laptop to network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect new Win11 laptop to network printer: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 3250. I have been unable to connect this PC to my network printer. I have a Dell PC and an ASUS laptop both running WIN 10 that share the printer and see each other on the Wi-Fi network.I have tried the various fixes using the advanced sharing...
  6. Cannot connect new Win11 laptop to network printer

Cannot connect new Win11 laptop to network printer: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 3250. I have been unable to connect this PC to my network printer. I have a Dell PC and an ASUS laptop both running WIN 10 that share the printer and see each other on the Wi-Fi network.I have tried the various fixes using the advanced sharing...
  7. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  8. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  9. need to connect my printer to my new network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to connect my printer to my new network.: this should be an easy task but i cannot findout where i need to go to change network so I can connect the printer HP DESKJET SERIES 5200 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-connect-my-printer-to-my-new-network/071fee15-0fb2-48e4-acfd-e44689d05114
  10. Connect a Network Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reconnect printer driver

2. connecting printer to new router