Windows 10: connecting printer to wireless internet

Discus and support connecting printer to wireless internet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I connect my HP laptop (windows 10) to my Xerox Phaser6128MFP printer using the wireless internet? I don't know how to find the IP address, etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeriScarberry, Sep 20, 2018.

1. connecting printer to wireless internet

How do I connect my HP laptop (windows 10) to my Xerox Phaser6128MFP printer using the wireless internet? I don't know how to find the IP address, etc to change my printer to wireless.

:)

TeriScarberry, Sep 20, 2018

2. wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, Sep 20, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

connecting printer to wireless internet [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

connecting printer to wireless internet [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 20, 2018
  4. weamish Win User

connecting printer to wireless internet

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

connecting printer to wireless internet

1. connecting printer to wireless internet - Similar Threads - connecting printer wireless

2. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  3. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  4. connecting to a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to a wireless printer: I cannot get my laptop to connect wirelessly to my MP495 PIXMA printer. For some reason, the device is not coming up when I scan for available printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-wireless-printer/d536a7fe-ed59-44f9-aa8e-5a9b5619255e
  5. wireless printer not connected

wireless printer not connected: tried unplugging, waited 30 or more seconds, replugged, turned on, still not connected. But my wireless mouse, keyboard, and earphones are connected. how do I reconnect my printers?...
  6. my wireless printer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wireless printer will not connect to internet: my wireless printer will not connect to the internet. sometimes it will recognize the network and then disconnect immediately.Most times it won' t even recognize my network but will nearby networks...
  7. printer on internet wireless

printer on internet wireless: I can not get my laptop to print to printer Epson wf3640 it has worked before I took my laptop to Ohio and now I m back in Fl. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-internet-wireless/61cce6a7-b3d7-41e1-85cf-c3567a7accfc
  8. Connecting a wireless printer

Connecting a wireless printer: I can't get my wire3less printer connected to my LAN. It times out each time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-a-wireless-printer/44f6e943-fccb-4dea-8b4a-801449b4d8cf
  9. connecting to a wireless printer

connecting to a wireless printer: I am having problems connecting my Lenovo Yoga to my Brother wireless printer - I have tried what Help suggests but it does not work - can anyone help? M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-wireless-printer/cf85bbb1-9a6f-4a89-9748-588fae375a2b
  10. wireless connection to printer

wireless connection to printer: How do I connect via WIFI my MacBook Air with my HP Laserjet CP1025nw color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-connection-to-printer/0c6a4e1b-9a02-4681-9d16-0c920df6a2ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect 2070dw printer to wireless network hp

2. how to print to your printer with hotspot

3. how to connect cannon printer to hp laptop

4. how do i change my wifi setting on my cannon printer ,
  5. how to connect to cannon printer using wifi www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. connect canon tr4500 printer to wifi