Windows 10: Connecting to a larger monitor

Discus and support Connecting to a larger monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have figured out how to connect my laptop to a large TV screen and I can get my homepage on the TV but I cannot change that screen. How do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SandraDickinson1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Connecting to a larger monitor

I have figured out how to connect my laptop to a large TV screen and I can get my homepage on the TV but I cannot change that screen. How do I fix this?

:)

SandraDickinson1, Nov 12, 2020

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 12, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Connecting to a larger monitor

projecting to a monitor

Hi,

The issue that you’re encountered regarding the display size when you use a different monitor on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the resolution from the
    Settings to make it compatible with the larger monitor that you are using. To do this, you may proceed with the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • On the Windows Settings search bar, type resolution.
    • If you're using Windows version 1607, select
      Change the screen resolution.
    • For version 1703 and 1709, select Change the resolution of the display.
    • Under the Resolution section, change the resolution which is similar to the monitor that you are using.
    • Once you’ve changed it, you may check if you’re able to use the larger monitor properly.

Note: You may go to the manufacturer’s website of the larger monitor that you are using to determine which resolution you are going to choose.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to a larger monitor

1. Connecting to a larger monitor - Similar Threads - Connecting larger monitor

2. Monitor not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not connecting: Used VGA cable to connect a second monitor to my laptop. Monitor shows "no signal". Screen resolution page on laptop has the monitor there, but it is grayed out and I cannot do anything. Went on the monitor's menu, and "VGA Settings" is grayed out. I have no idea where to...
  3. Monitor not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor not connecting: Used VGA cable to connect a second monitor to my laptop. Monitor shows "no signal". Screen resolution page on laptop has the monitor there, but it is grayed out and I cannot do anything. Went on the monitor's menu, and "VGA Settings" is grayed out. I have no idea where to...
  4. Monitor not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor not connecting: Used VGA cable to connect a second monitor. to my laptop. Monitor shows "no signal." Screen resolution page on laptop has the monitor there, but it is grayed out and I cannot do anything. Went on the monitor's menu, and "VGA Settings" is grayed out. I have no idea where to...
  5. Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Display larger or smaller than monitor in Windows 10: You may want to use a monitor with your Windows 10 laptop or desktop in order to increase your productivity. However, some Windows users are experiencing an issue, where their display is larger or smaller than the monitor size. In this article, we are going to see some simple...
  6. Connecting a Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting a Monitor: I have been having problems with connecting my lenovo All-In-One IdeaCentre AIO 300 Series, runs off of Windows 10 to my Acer monitor K243Y K3 Series, and I can't figure out why I can't connect the two, unless there is an obstruction with the brand....
  7. Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry: I changed my screen resolution to higher than recommended then when I went back the desktop was too large for the monitor. The taskbar is cutoff halfway and I can barely see the close window button at the top of the screen as well as it is of lower quality and to get...
  8. display is larger than my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display is larger than my monitor: I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-my-monitor/70f54546-51c2-4328-b9cf-3d6c2b702d92
  9. Adjust Window Pane Size on Larger Monitor

Adjust Window Pane Size on Larger Monitor: I recently installed a 32 in LG monitor replacing an older lower resolution 22 in unit. I thought a larger screen would allow for more active apps. What I have is the same app window panes simply scaled up. Settings allows for increasing the size of panes but not decreasing...
  10. No connection to monitor.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No connection to monitor.: I am cleaning out and setting up an old-ish PC and whenever I connect it to my TV or Monitor it says either "No Input to TV" or it is just black when I turn it on, I am using VGA to connect it, I tried with a GTX 650 and with just the built in graphics, and still no luck, any...