Windows 10: Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device.

Discus and support Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a drive connected to a pc running windows 8 and it is set up as a network drive. I want to be able to connect my mac, my iPhone, my iPad and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarrySkerritt, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device.

I have a drive connected to a pc running windows 8 and it is set up as a network drive. I want to be able to connect my mac, my iPhone, my iPad and my windows 10 desktop to it. My mac, iPhone and iPad connect no problem and can read and write to and from the drive. But when i try to connect on my windows 10 pc it asks for a password even thought neither the drive or the pc it is running on have a password, and none of my apple devices ask for a password. How can i fix it?

:)

HarrySkerritt, Aug 4, 2019

2. Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device.

I have a drive connected to a pc running windows 8 and it is set up as a network drive. I want to be able to connect my mac, my iPhone, my iPad and my windows 10 desktop to it. My mac, iPhone and iPad connect no problem and can read and write to and from
    the drive. But when i try to connect on my windows 10 pc it asks for a password even thought neither the drive or the pc it is running on have a password, and none of my apple devices ask for a password. How can i fix it?

HarrySkerritt, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Pro can't connect to Windows 10 Home network without a password required

As stated in the subject line I can't connect my Windows 7 Pro system to a Windows 10 Home system via the network without a password required. Strangely, I can connect from the Windows 7 Pro system to two other Windows 7 Home Premium systems on the same
    network without a password being required. Also, all these systems can connect to the Windows 7 Pro system without any password required. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can eliminate the requirement for a password to access the Windows 10 Home
    system from the Windows 7 Pro system? The Windows 10 Home system version number is 1511, build 10586.0.

Mike Augeri, Sep 29, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device.

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device.

1. Connecting to a network drive requires password on windows 10 but not on any other device. - Similar Threads - Connecting network drive

2. laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop will not connect to home wifi, but connects to any other network: I have a surface pro which has decided that I cannot stay connected to my home wifi, even though I have no issues connecting to my work network, hotspot or any other networks I have tried. I've tried my 2.4 and 5ghz networks and both of them will connect briefly, then...
  3. Windows Network Drive Saying password required on other device but i set no pass required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Network Drive Saying password required on other device but i set no pass required: I set Up my hard drive on my pc to be networked on the network in my house but when i try to access it on my other laptop it says password required but no pass word works and i turned password required off on the main pc Help PleaseBoth Computers Are Running Windows 11main pc...
  4. Windows Network Drive Saying password required on other device but i set no pass required

Windows Network Drive Saying password required on other device but i set no pass required: I set Up my hard drive on my pc to be networked on the network in my house but when i try to access it on my other laptop it says password required but no pass word works and i turned password required off on the main pc Help PleaseBoth Computers Are Running Windows 11main pc...
  5. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  6. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  7. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  9. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  10. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing