Windows 10: Connecting to a Networked PC - The password of this user has expired. Error Microsoft Account

Discus and support Connecting to a Networked PC - The password of this user has expired. Error Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot connect to a shared folder on my other computer because I get the error "The password of this user has expired.".This is using Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HugoClark, May 14, 2021.

1. HugoClark Win User

Connecting to a Networked PC - The password of this user has expired. Error Microsoft Account

Hi, I cannot connect to a shared folder on my other computer because I get the error "The password of this user has expired.".This is using Microsoft accounts, not local.Anyone got any ideas, tips or fixes?Thanks,Hugo

:)

HugoClark, May 14, 2021
  2. b3815 Win User

Connecting to Network - Password Expired (Microsoft Account)

I am having an issue connecting to a computer on my Network. PC 1 can access PC 2. PC 2 cannot access PC 1.

On both PCs, I am using the same Microsoft account (not local). I am an administrator on both PCs.

I am getting an error "password has expired" when I try to login to PC 1 from PC 2, but not the other way around, and even though it is an Outlook account.

I am using Windows 10 on both PCs. Both are on the same home network, although one is connected through wifi and one on ethernet.

I also use 2 factor for my microsoft account, if that makes a difference.

b3815, May 14, 2021
  3. b3815 Win User
    Connecting to Network - Password Expired (Microsoft Account)

I am not sure you understood my issue. I did try to restart into safe mode (with networking, obviously, given my issue) and not surprisingly I could do nothing to resolve the issue.

Again, my issue is with credentials when I try to connect to another computer in my network using my Microsoft account, as that is the account I use for both PCs to sign in. It says my password has expired when I do this.

I will add one more bit of information to my original post, and that is that I can sign into a different account on the same computer without any problem (this does not really help me, however, as I need to access documents only accessible with my account)

b3815, May 14, 2021
  4. Connecting to a Networked PC - The password of this user has expired. Error Microsoft Account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Connecting to a Networked PC - The password of this user has expired. Error Microsoft Account

1. Connecting to a Networked PC - The password of this user has expired. Error Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Connecting Networked password

2. Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?: I just got to work. I go to connect to my workstation at home.The only workstation that is powerful enough for CAD design which is what I work with.After a successful login, I am instead greeted with this error:So now I sit here, 18 miles away from home, able to successfully...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection - This user account's password expired. Why?: I just got to work. I go to connect to my workstation at home.The only workstation that is powerful enough for CAD design which is what I work with.After a successful login, I am instead greeted with this error:So now I sit here, 18 miles away from home, able to successfully...
  4. Password has expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password has expired: My elderly Dad has contacted me. His PC is his lifeline with living alone. This morning when trying to turn it on, it simply says that his 'password has expired'. But he didn't ever have a password to get into his computer. I bought him this windows 11 computer refurbished...
  5. Password has expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password has expired: My elderly Dad has contacted me. His PC is his lifeline with living alone. This morning when trying to turn it on, it simply says that his 'password has expired'. But he didn't ever have a password to get into his computer. I bought him this windows 11 computer refurbished...
  6. question about user password expiration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    question about user password expiration: in a enviroment where are some users in a domain, who determines if a password expires or not? the PC or LDAP? submitted by /u/acid8k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkhd3m/question_about_user_password_expiration/
  7. Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

in Windows 10 News
    Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Most of us have a habit of keeping using the same password for a long time. It’s dangerous, mainly if the password is in use at multiple places. It is possible that in a security breach, the password was open [...] This post Set a Password Expiration Date...
  8. The user’s account has expired on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The user’s account has expired on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Sometimes, you need to create a temporary account in Windows 10. It is similar to the Guest Account, but it expires. When the account expires, you will not be able to use it at all. That said, this is different [...] This post The user’s account has expired...
  9. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account: Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues. The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the...
  10. Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account: How to: Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account How to Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account [img] Information If you like, you can enable password expiration for your Microsoft account (MSA) to make you change your...