Windows 10: Connecting to a Samba Share

Discus and support Connecting to a Samba Share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David G. Chandler, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Connecting to a Samba Share

I am trying to connect to a samba share.

There are two users on the machine.

user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine.

user2 was able to access the folders.

the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they access the share through direct through the explorer bar.

user2 is able to access the server on the same machine. it is only user1 that cannot access the shares.

this is the second time I have encountered this error.

The first time I encountered this issue I factory reset the machine and it solved the issue, but the next day the issue occurred again.

:)

David G. Chandler, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro no longer connects to Samba Share on Linux Workstation

Hello Simon,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• What version of Samba Share are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Can't connect to Samba shares

Cannot connect to Samba shares since upgrading to windows 10 on 3 systems.

We have several Windows 8.1 and more than 100 Windows 7 system that can connect.

It seem that Windows 10 cannot see the Samba server the error is "Windows cannot access Server"

The Windows 10 systems can ping the name of the server so it is being resolved.

Very frustrating. Like the speed but less compatible than previous Windows versions.

Been checking the forum but see no answers to this issue for Windows 10.

Thanks.

Brad

BradleyRTaylor, Dec 6, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Connecting to a Samba Share

Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7

Actually it is the Guest browsing restrictions that Microsoft implemented, not SMB. There is an updated guide from the beginning of March that explains it, how to get Windows to see Linux shares.

See this from last year. It still works. Windows 10: Unable to Connect to Samba Shares schkerke.com

bro67, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to a Samba Share

1. Connecting to a Samba Share - Similar Threads - Connecting Samba Share

2. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  3. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  4. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected: Hello All, I have an issue where we need to map a network drive to Windows 10/11 Pro Laptops. For the Windows 10 Pro laptops, I can successfully Map the Drive letter Q: to the machine useing a net use cmd script as such. net use Q: \\192.xxx.xx.x\etc\etc /user:uname pw...
  5. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected: Hello All, I have an issue where we need to map a network drive to Windows 10/11 Pro Laptops. For the Windows 10 Pro laptops, I can successfully Map the Drive letter Q: to the machine useing a net use cmd script as such. net use Q: \\192.xxx.xx.x\etc\etc /user:uname pw...
  6. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  8. Samba connectivity

Samba connectivity: I'm still working with a problem I've mentioned here before: my Windows boxes have lost connectivity to my Samba box since adopting Win 10. There are dozens of flavors of this problem discussed online, and dozens of solutions, none of which have worked for me. Describing...
  9. Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7

Cannot connect to SAMBA shares on CENTOS7: Hello everyone, I'm having this very annoying issue with samba shares. The server is running on a CentOS 7 distro with samba-4.1.12-23.el7_1.x86_64. My Windows 10 build is 10240. The shares are visible but when I try to connect it waits a while and then gives me this...
  10. Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share

Win10ProN cannot connect to samba network share: Hey folks, I've got an issue that's been bugging me since windows 7. I've got a debian server on my network running samba and plex. I usually add media to it through samba from my windows computers. Only now with my laptop, I'm having a strange issue. Every time I try to...