Windows 10: Connecting to a second display.

Discus and support Connecting to a second display. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Bought an old computer monitor and would like to connect it to my lenovo. I have a vga-hdmi-usbc adapter situation going on, but my laptop won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rjs314, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Rjs314 Win User

Connecting to a second display.

Bought an old computer monitor and would like to connect it to my lenovo. I have a vga-hdmi-usbc adapter situation going on, but my laptop won't recognize the monitor. I know the monitor works because I tried it on a friends computer and it worked. Is there anything I can do?

:)

Rjs314, Oct 13, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Oct 13, 2020
  4. LAPIII Win User

Windows won't detect by second display.

I have my monitor and TV connected to my GPU. In Display Settings, under Rearrange your displays I have the 2nd highlighted. Clicking the Detect button will render: Code:
    It isn't listed in Devices:

Connecting to a second display. [​IMG]

Nor Sound:

It is listed in Control Panel:

LAPIII, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Connecting to a second display. - Similar Threads - Connecting second display

2. Connect laptop as second display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect laptop as second display: I'm trying to connect my laptop as a second screen to my desktop. On my desktop I have Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621.On my laptop I have Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044. When I try to connect my laptop as a screen from desktop windows + k, it shows "No screens...
  3. Connect laptop as second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect laptop as second display: I'm trying to connect my laptop as a second screen to my desktop. On my desktop I have Windows 11 10.0.22621 Build 22621.On my laptop I have Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044. When I try to connect my laptop as a screen from desktop windows + k, it shows "No screens...
  4. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  5. Second Display

Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  6. Second Display connected to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Display connected to PC: I would like to use a second display the TV attached to my PC to play movies.I DO NOT want to extend, duplicate or even see the second display as part of my desktop window.I want to play movies to it, maybe from a browser on demand, which would be ideal, maybe from a special...
  7. Second Display connected to PC

Second Display connected to PC: I would like to use a second display the TV attached to my PC to play movies.I DO NOT want to extend, duplicate or even see the second display as part of my desktop window.I want to play movies to it, maybe from a browser on demand, which would be ideal, maybe from a special...
  8. Cannot connect TV as second display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot connect TV as second display: I am trying to connect my new Smart TV to my PC as a second Display, mirroring the desktop. I am using the same HDMI cable as I used for the previous TV. In Display Settings only the PCs Display is identified. I have tried restarting with no effect. How do I get the PC to...
  9. Connecting second display with laptop in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting second display with laptop in windows 10: case happened with me "for fist time i connected my monitor with my laptop through VGA cable and it was working correctly. After that i made some setting on desktop in "graphics option" by left clicking on desktop. By doing that my laptop screen shows black screen and on...
  10. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: My computer no longer see my second display. Nothing changed that I'm aware of except the missing display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-display/a180cb04-7e03-4ca0-b627-271a01317896