Windows 10: connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card

Discus and support connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer will not allow me to project to a second screen. it says reinstall the video card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottDeaver, Jan 31, 2019.

1. connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card

my computer will not allow me to project to a second screen. it says reinstall the video card

:)

ScottDeaver, Jan 31, 2019

2. connect Dell XPS 13 to remote TV screen using HDMI cable

Hi John,

For us to isolate your concern in using HDMI, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue first begin?
    • Have you tried connecting your HDMI to other device (e.g. DVD player)? If yes, what is the result?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use a different HDMI cable, and update your video card driver; then, check if the issue still persists.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2019
  3. unable to connect laptop to tv using HDMI cable

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the reply and update.

Follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

• Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.

• Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.

• Turn on your computer.

• You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.

• If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

Note: Cables for VGA, DVI, and component video don't support audio signals. However, HDMI cables do support audio signals, but not all HDMI-enabled video cards support audio. If your HDTV has an audio input, you might be able to connect a separate
    audio cable from your computer sound card directly to the TV. Otherwise, you'll need to connect the audio signal to a different device, such as external computer speakers or your home stereo system.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 31, 2019
  4. connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card

Lap top to television screen by hdmi cable

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it works:

Kindly follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it by following these steps.

a. Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

b. Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.

c. Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.

d. Turn on your computer.

e. You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.

f. If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

Step 2: To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

• Right click on the screen and select
      Display settings.

• Click on Advanced display settings.

• Set the resolution to recommended level. (recommended level varies from device to device)

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card

1. connecting to a second screen via hdmi cable, reinstall video card - Similar Threads - connecting second screen

2. I have a Lenovo Laptop and connect it via HDMI cable to a Samsung Smart TV. Video plays...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Lenovo Laptop and connect it via HDMI cable to a Samsung Smart TV. Video plays...: I have a Lenovo Laptop and connect it via HDMI cable to a Samsung Smart TV. Video plays fine but audio will not play on TV only through laptop speakers...
  3. Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working?...: Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working? All the instructions I have come across give instructions which does not apply to my windows 10...
  4. Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working?...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working?...: Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working? All the instructions I have come across give instructions which does not apply to my windows 10...
  5. Connecting a second screen with a hdmi cable to my computer, it suddenly stoped working?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable: Summary: After updating from 1703 to 1809 we are experiencing an issue where the external monitor has stopped working. The end user has an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 device connected to an external monitor via HDMI cable. The external monitor was working fine before the...
  7. connect ps3 by hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect ps3 by hdmi cable: how do I connect a ps3 using a regular hdmi cable to a Lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-ps3-by-hdmi-cable/7d13e683-b73b-4803-a6d5-56caefb75553
  8. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  9. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen: i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there is a second screen , so when i open a file etc. , it sometimes opens in this second screen wich i cant see. i can disable...
  10. Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi

Problems with video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi: When using any video player in full screen mode and connecting via hdmi to TV after some time connection gets jittery (freezes the starts again etc..) as if something is slowing down video. Any ideas what could be causing this and if it can de solved? Thank you. 25122