Windows 10: connecting to a tv

Discus and support connecting to a tv in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how can I connect my Dell all in 1 computer to my tv, the computer has only USB ports no HDMI so I bought an adapter cable to go from USB to HDMI and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by matthaefemeyer, Mar 21, 2019.

1. connecting to a tv

how can I connect my Dell all in 1 computer to my tv, the computer has only USB ports no HDMI so I bought an adapter cable to go from USB to HDMI and the tv still says "no signal"

:)

matthaefemeyer, Mar 21, 2019

2. Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

connecting to a tv

Laptopc can´t connect to TV

Hi,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Are you connecting the PC and TV using a HDMI cable?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

Please revert if you face any issues with PC not connecting to TV.

Jessen P, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

connecting to a tv

1. connecting to a tv - Similar Threads - connecting

2. My Otto TW300 earbuds are no longer connecting to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Otto TW300 earbuds are no longer connecting to my laptop: I have recently misplaced one of my earbuds, and now when I try to connect the earbud I have to my laptop, it won't connect I tried turning Bluetooth on and off multiple times, and it said it was connected but it wasn't. When I tried to remove the device and reconnect it, it...
  3. My Otto TW300 earbuds are no longer connecting to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Otto TW300 earbuds are no longer connecting to my laptop: I have recently misplaced one of my earbuds, and now when I try to connect the earbud I have to my laptop, it won't connect I tried turning Bluetooth on and off multiple times, and it said it was connected but it wasn't. When I tried to remove the device and reconnect it, it...
  4. My Otto TW300 earbuds are no longer connecting to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...: I have a asus tuf gaming a16 and it starts working when I plug in the AC adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-device-is-unplugged-and-connected-to/83384451-4815-46db-82b2-830a004d8354
  6. when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...

when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...: I have a asus tuf gaming a16 and it starts working when I plug in the AC adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-device-is-unplugged-and-connected-to/83384451-4815-46db-82b2-830a004d8354
  7. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  8. No internet connection through ethernet

No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  9. why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?: i’ve tried everything i could think of; i flushed dns, made ip configurations reset, etc., checked for updates for my network adapters, reset my network adapters, reset firewall settings and i obviously did the more basic solutions like resetting my pc, etc.i tried also...
  10. why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?

why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?: i’ve tried everything i could think of; i flushed dns, made ip configurations reset, etc., checked for updates for my network adapters, reset my network adapters, reset firewall settings and i obviously did the more basic solutions like resetting my pc, etc.i tried also...