Windows 10: Connecting to a website

Discus and support Connecting to a website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect to a website I normally go to on a regular basis. Tonight I get the message, "The remote device or resource won't accept the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelissaGemmill, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Connecting to a website

I am trying to connect to a website I normally go to on a regular basis. Tonight I get the message, "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I don't know a way around it. I can get to the same website on my phone just fine. Thank you.

:)

MelissaGemmill, Sep 27, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Connection to websites

Hello,

We understand that you are having connection issues with your PC. We would like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How is your PC connected to the internet? Hard wired or wireless?
    • If you are using a wireless connection, are there other devices connected to the internet? Are they having issues as well?
    • If you are using a hard wired connection, have you tried to do any troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you provide us the exact message on your screen when you access any websites?

Here's a
    support article
    that you can check. This provides several troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue regarding network connections in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Connecting to a website

unable to connect some websites

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • How is your computer connected to the internet? Wired/Wireless?
    • Are you facing this issue with all the browsers?
    • Did you try to access the same websites from any other device?

I request you to run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Connecting to a website

1. Connecting to a website - Similar Threads - Connecting website

2. why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?: i’ve tried everything i could think of; i flushed dns, made ip configurations reset, etc., checked for updates for my network adapters, reset my network adapters, reset firewall settings and i obviously did the more basic solutions like resetting my pc, etc.i tried also...
  3. why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why isn’t my pc able to connect to certain websites and game launchers ie ea sports?: i’ve tried everything i could think of; i flushed dns, made ip configurations reset, etc., checked for updates for my network adapters, reset my network adapters, reset firewall settings and i obviously did the more basic solutions like resetting my pc, etc.i tried also...
  4. I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good: BestI cannot go to the Google website or any website even if my internet connection is good. I call the DODO services provider. They are trying they are best to help me still same....
  5. I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good

I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good: BestI cannot go to the Google website or any website even if my internet connection is good. I call the DODO services provider. They are trying they are best to help me still same....
  6. I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...

My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...: Hi, I’ve got a problem with my computer it says it’s connected to the internet but when I try to run any websites or apps I have installed it says that I’m offline or not connected to the internet. I troubleshoot it but it says it should be fine. I’ve reset networks, rebooted...
  8. My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...: Hi, I’ve got a problem with my computer it says it’s connected to the internet but when I try to run any websites or apps I have installed it says that I’m offline or not connected to the internet. I troubleshoot it but it says it should be fine. I’ve reset networks, rebooted...
  9. My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not

My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not: My computer is connected to the internet, and I am able to do things online Steam, Roblox, Google. However, some websites and apps say that I am having issues because I am not connected to the internet. So far, this has happened with Spotify, the Epic Games Launcher, and...