Windows 10: Connecting to an already bluetooth device that is NOT audio or wireless display

Discus and support Connecting to an already bluetooth device that is NOT audio or wireless display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, I really love Windows 10, but for a few years now I am struggling with sharing certain bluetooth devices, such as wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 123099, Oct 29, 2019.

1. 123099 Win User

Connecting to an already bluetooth device that is NOT audio or wireless display

Dear Microsoft Community,

I really love Windows 10, but for a few years now I am struggling with sharing certain bluetooth devices, such as wireless bluetooth gamepads, between different computers.

The issue I am running into is reconnecting to an already paired bluetooth device that is NOT an audio device, like a bluetooth speaker or headset, or a wireless display.

For some reason, the connect menu (Win + K), only searches for Audio devices and wireless displays. At the same time, when choosing the "Find other devices" option in that menu, the new window with all the paired bluetooth devices that pops up only has the connect button available for Audio devices and Wireless displays, but not for anything else, like my wireless gamepads or keyboards.

Is there any way to reconnect to an already paired wireless device that is not an audio device or wireless display without having to remove the device before, enter it into pairing mode, and repairing it with my windows machine every time I use the device on a different computer?

Audio bluetooth device options:

Connecting to an already bluetooth device that is NOT audio or wireless display a05a0521-aec1-42e0-8850-23d392127393?upload=true.png

Wireless Gamepad bluetooth device options:

Connecting to an already bluetooth device that is NOT audio or wireless display 6da7d222-e854-4b47-a489-a1d81da4fa43?upload=true.png

:)

123099, Oct 29, 2019

2. cant connect Wireless Display For Old PC

Hi Faizal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing.; Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Update
    Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the article below and check.

Connect a Bluetooth audio device or wireless display to
    your PC

Also refer to: Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices
    and wireless displays

And, Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Marie Ave, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Connecting to an already bluetooth device that is NOT audio or wireless display - Similar Threads - Connecting already bluetooth

2. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices: I have had this issue with many productsThose beings Beats Solo 3 and Samsung Airbuds.Basically anytime I try to use either of them for audio and mic they will not work.Not only that I have to go through a 10 minute process resetting things and even to the point of...
  3. Upgraded to Win11, Bluetooth sees AVR as a wireless display instead of Audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Win11, Bluetooth sees AVR as a wireless display instead of Audio device: I was using my Yamaha AVR as a blue tooth audio device on my PC when I had Windows 10, now that I've done a fresh install and upgraded to Windows 11, whenever I try to blue tooth my Yamaha AVR to my PC, blue tooth lists it as a wireless display. Obviously I can't use my...
  4. Upgraded to Win11, Bluetooth sees AVR as a wireless display instead of Audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Win11, Bluetooth sees AVR as a wireless display instead of Audio device: I was using my Yamaha AVR as a blue tooth audio device on my PC when I had Windows 10, now that I've done a fresh install and upgraded to Windows 11, whenever I try to blue tooth my Yamaha AVR to my PC, blue tooth lists it as a wireless display. Obviously I can't use my...
  5. Bluetooth device connects but will not produce audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device connects but will not produce audio.: Bluetooth device is "On," laptop says "connected," but not "Connected Voice, Audio." In settings, under System > Sound > All Sound Devices > Properties, I cannot click the "allow" button that allows apps and windows to use this device for audio. Laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro...
  6. No audio through connected Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through connected Bluetooth device: I am having problems playing audio from my Windows PC through my Bose Bose AE2 Bluetooth headphones.1 I have previously connected to these headphones without any issues. The audio was fine2 at some point, the audio started experiencing distortions and disconnects3 I can now...
  7. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  8. Bluetooth Audio Device connects in and out

Bluetooth Audio Device connects in and out: Hello. I recently acquired a pair of Touch Two C8 wireless earbuds, I connected them before an update, and the earpods worked fine. After I did an update to 20H2, the earpods were connecting in and out or filled with static. I connected them to an iPhone, and they worked...
  9. Bluetooth devices are not connected or displayed

Bluetooth devices are not connected or displayed: Bluetooth devices are not connected or displayed Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth/d9aa17b8-12eb-482e-83bf-99617f6709b0
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...