Windows 10: Connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi hotspot destroys computer

Discus and support Connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi hotspot destroys computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, everybody! So, I've been having this strange, strange problem, that came out of nowhere. Whenever I try to connect to a WiFi that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LuisPB7, Apr 26, 2016.

1. LuisPB7 Win User

Connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi hotspot destroys computer

Hello, everybody!

So, I've been having this strange, strange problem, that came out of nowhere.

Whenever I try to connect to a WiFi that was already memorized in Windows 10, I can do it without a problem.

But when I try to connect to an unknown hotspot, protected or not, it will always display "Checking network requirements..." like forever (doesn't even show up the "Connection failed, forget" menu). Then, the wierdness starts. My computer (laptop) starts to crash, menus start to get really slow, I get no response from the UI, and it gets to the point where nothing works and the only solution is to force shutdown by pressing the power button.

I already tried to forget all networks, but it changed nothing. My Wireless Drivers are also set up and up to date. Wired connections work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

:)

LuisPB7, Apr 26, 2016

2. Wifi

Are you trying to connect to a home Wi-Fi or does this happen to any Wi-Fi connection? Have you tried connecting to a free Wi-Fi hotspot?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 26, 2016
  3. JG2yang Win User
    hotspot won't work

Hi kevvy,

What is the model number of your Nokia phone? Are you trying to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot or use the internet sharing feature on your phone? If you are having issues connecting to a Wi-Fi hotspot area, does it happen to a specific one or to all the hotspot
    that you are trying to connect? Or if this is not about connecting to a Wi-Fi hotspot, please provide us more details so we can further assist you.

JG2yang, Apr 26, 2016
  4. LuisPB7 Win User

Bump, I don't really know what to do *Sad

LuisPB7, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Connecting to an unknown Wi-Fi hotspot destroys computer - Similar Threads - Connecting unknown hotspot

2. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  3. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  4. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  5. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  6. WI-FI hotspot issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI-FI hotspot issue: Hi!When my laptop is connected to the internet via a LAN cable and sharing it through a hotspot, the connection through the hotspot is terribly weak, while my laptop has a relatively strong connection. This is not an issue with my mobile as other devices connected to my...
  7. PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot: After a power outage last night, suddenly my pc no longer gets an internet connection through our wi-fi. It will connect to the network, but does not have internet access. Every other device in the house connects just fine, and my pc will connect to my cellular hotspot...
  8. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.: Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices. To explain everything: -I'm living on a University Residence. -I started with this problems last week. -As the router is quite far from my room, i'm...
  9. WI-FI Hotspot not working

WI-FI Hotspot not working: i apologize for the errors that i will make first. So, i have a big problem with my hotspot, i can activate it of course, but i can't connect my phone, it stays blocked when it has to pick the ip adress. So i tried first to know if the problem was my phone, but nobody else...
  10. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices: Setting up a hotspot on my asus laptop running windows 10 ,doesn't give the connected devices internet connection.I've tried netsh int ip reset,but with no results.All the drivers are updated.The windows mobile hotspot function says "We can't set up a hotspot because your PC...