Windows 10: Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script

Discus and support Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’ve been using btcom.exe from http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/ for quite a while e.g. to script the connection from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sba923, Aug 31, 2020.

1. sba923 Win User

Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script

I’ve been using btcom.exe from http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/ for quite a while e.g. to script the connection from my Windows 10 work PC to my personal Sony MDR-1000X headphones.

It used to work fine, and it has stopped working.

btcom -b 04:5D:4B:16:06:E9 -c -s110b

System Error. Code: 87.

The parameter is incorrect

btcom -b 04:5D:4B:16:06:E9 -c -s111e

System Error. Code: 87.

The parameter is incorrect

Any clue?

What would be an alternative for scripting Bluetooth operations?

FWIW this company laptop runs Windows 10 version 1809

:)

sba923, Aug 31, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

How to connect to Bluetooth device from CLI (already paired)?

Unfortunately the tool does not work. Code:
    I rarely use any other Bluetooth devices with my PC but I do use other devices with my headset and switching the headset on does not necessarily cause it to connect with my PC unless I manually establish the connection from Bluetooth Places. My USB Bluetooth adapter is a Parani UD100.

Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script [​IMG]

THX1138, Aug 31, 2020
  3. MarcinJ Win User
    Scripting connecting/disconnecting a paired Bluetooth device

Is there a way, through powershell, or any other tools to connect and disconnect a paired Bluetooth device? Basically press the Connect/Disconnect button in Bluetooth & other devices, except from command line of whatever sort (Powershell, bat using some command line tools, code in C#, C++, etc.):

Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script eFqCm.png

I found this answer but it involves unpairing and pairing again, which won't work because my headphones need to be in pairing mode to accept new pairing. I'd rather not simulate keypresses and mouse clicks via AutoIt or some other software like that.

MarcinJ, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script

How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script

1. Connecting to / disconnecting from Bluetooth device from CLI/script - Similar Threads - Connecting disconnecting Bluetooth

2. Stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to device: Just as the title states. I want to stop my Windows 11 pc from auto connecting to bluetooth devices when it's state changes being a reboot or just starting a program, the damn thing auto connects to my home receiver I use when I watch movies and it also auto connects to the...
  3. Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations: I'm looking for a way to script / invoke from the command line the "connect / disconnect" operations in Settings / Bluetooth on Windows 10. https://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools… used to work but doesn't anymore.Any clue?...
  4. Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations: I'm looking for a way to script / invoke from the command line the "connect / disconnect" operations in Settings / Bluetooth on Windows 10. https://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools… used to work but doesn't anymore.Any clue?...
  5. Scripting Bluetooth connect/disconnect operations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Help My Bluetooth keeps connecting and disconnecting from device manager

Help My Bluetooth keeps connecting and disconnecting from device manager: Help my Bluetooth keep disconnecting and reconnecting device manager, the option to turn bluetooth on or off is completely missing in the settings and when I go and try to add a new one When the device says that my computer does not have bluetooth it also shows that bluetooth...
  7. All connected devices are disconnected from the PC?

All connected devices are disconnected from the PC?: Hello, I've already had the case several times that all connected devices are simply disconnected from my PC by accident (also screen). I then plugged them in and unplugged them again, but that did not help. Since I couldn't see anything on the screen and couldn't use...
  8. Help My Bluetooth continues to connect and disconnect from the device manager

Help My Bluetooth continues to connect and disconnect from the device manager: My Bluetooth is still disconnecting and reconnecting the device manager, it says that my computer does not have bluetooth, it also shows that the bluetooth controller is constantly connected and disconnected with that noise when you plug or disconnect something from your...
  9. Help My Bluetooth keeps connecting and disconnecting from device manager

Help My Bluetooth keeps connecting and disconnecting from device manager: Help my Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting kn device manager I have a ASRock z270 Killer ali/ac with a Intel core i5 processor the option to turn on or off bluetooth is complety missing in settings and when I go and try to add a new device it says that my...
  10. How to connect to Bluetooth device from CLI (already paired)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to Bluetooth device from CLI (already paired)?: Is there a command to connect to a Bluetooth device from a command prompt (i.e. something I can put in an AHK script)? I'm already paired with my headphones so won't need to do that every time but I'd like to use a keyboard shortcut to initiate the connection. 94515

Users found this page by searching for:

1. btcom the parameter is incorrect