Windows 10: Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached)

Discus and support Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Community, I'm looking for some support. Scenario: Using a domain-joined machine, I connect to our File Server via Windows Explorer. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Minter, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached)

Hi Community,

I'm looking for some support.

Scenario:

Using a domain-joined machine, I connect to our File Server via Windows Explorer.

It prompts for credentials to authenticate to the server, and here I enter my domain-admin credentials, I connect and get the file I need.

Now, these credentials are now cached somewhere, as if I browse to the File Server from the machine again, it does not prompt for Authentication. (Not in Credential Manager as this is something I checked and cleared out)

I waited a few hours, and tried again - the credentials are still cached.

I'm wanting to know where the credentials are being cached, as at the moment it's a risk to us as a user could browse to the File Server, and delete files "as" the admin who authenticated previously.

:)

Chris Minter, Aug 28, 2019

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached) [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 28, 2019
  3. File Explorer Credentials - Forget

Hi,

I am setting up a new Windows 10 pro computer for a user. I had to use my credentials on File explorer to get to

our server to download some programs. Now I cannot get Explorer to forget me. I log in on the computer as

the local user - open file explorer and it opens automatically with everything I see as an admin. When the user

logs in I want them to use their credentials to see the Server so they cannot get to everything an admin can.

I have gone to Credentials Manager and have deleted what I thought I should but the problem persists.

How can I make this happen.

Thanks,

Karen

Karen Morgan (Karen), Aug 28, 2019
  4. Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached)

We are facing cache credentials issue in one of system (Window Server 2012 r2) not domain joined.

Dear All,

Please get me help to resolved below scenario issues.

System Windows Server 2012 tries to and have failed for logon attempts on Domain credentials using cache credentials. We have checked server neither showing any of connections in file share nor in credential manager. As per our understanding, cache credential
    can be zero via registry or secpol.msc. Can you assist if this does not affect other processes as this system is critical and system restart is not an option.

Need assistance and feedback on this will be highly appreciated.

SafwanSyed, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached)

1. Connecting to File Server via Windows Explorer (Admin Credentials Cached) - Similar Threads - Connecting File Server

2. We are trying to connect to windows 2022 server from windows 2022 server via wmi explorer -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We are trying to connect to windows 2022 server from windows 2022 server via wmi explorer -: We checked by connecting win 2022 machine from win 2019 machine using WMI then its giving "Access Denied Error". Tried to resolve the user permission related error by changing the user permissions to read/write/execute for all users.. still the problem is not getting solved...
  3. We are trying to connect to windows 2022 server from windows 2022 server via wmi explorer -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We are trying to connect to windows 2022 server from windows 2022 server via wmi explorer -: We checked by connecting win 2022 machine from win 2019 machine using WMI then its giving "Access Denied Error". Tried to resolve the user permission related error by changing the user permissions to read/write/execute for all users.. still the problem is not getting solved...
  4. Connecting to my second pc via file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to my second pc via file explorer: Hello, I recently bought parts for a second pc and set it up as a NAS. I just shared a folder over my network and when I try to login to the NAS, I get this screen. image below What credentials do I use to login?...
  5. Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP

Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP: I need to use Registry to change the internet setting when installing software to avoid the Window Explore FTP get cache's old file. here is the registry location...
  6. Cached Credentials?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cached Credentials?: I have tried the ways you guys have said to do in another thread but it isn't working for my computers. It is working on the mobile app but not my computers. What do I do?...
  7. Cached Credentials Expired

Cached Credentials Expired: When saving files to OneDrive folder I am getting the message "SIGN IN REQUIRED We can't upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired. [Sign In]" I click the Sign In button, enter my ID and the message comes back. I periodically check my...
  8. CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in: A few months ago I started getting the classic "Cached Credentials" message when opening a file from OneDrive or SharePoint. I would submit my username and password and all was fine. Now though, it is just NOT working at all. I can't even get to the password screen after...
  9. Windows Admin Center - PowerShell, connect with alternate credential.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Admin Center - PowerShell, connect with alternate credential.: Using Windows Admin Center 1809. Fully functional for computers in domain. I have some servers not joined to domain. I have successfully added them to WAC and most features work fine. My question... In WAC, I select the left-pane option for PowerShell. The main...
  10. Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer: Hi! I would like to connect to an SFTP server or FTPS. It MUST be via the built-in file explorer, but extra software to add that feature would be fine. FTP is insecure and it would be nice to be able to use FTPS or SFTP (yes, I know the difference). 48976

Users found this page by searching for:

1. credentials cached file explorer