Windows 10: Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...

Discus and support Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffNorthcutt, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...

Hi All,

Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via the native web console from my Windows 10 PC, but:

1. Can't map the network drive because I'm getting error around SMBv1 not working with Windows 10, and

2. Can't get Connector app .exe working, because it says I already have 10 PCs connected, and have to use the console to remove one

3. Can't access the console app as it's "not found" from the web console (so can't remove an old PC to allow a "slot" for the new one to connect)

Anyone else still actively using their Windows Home Server with any advice on how I might break out of this loop?

Much appreciated - there are hundreds of gigs of memories, pics, music, vids, etc. on this HomeServer that I can't easily get to...

-Jeff

:)

JeffNorthcutt, Jan 3, 2019

2. Problem in uninstalling and reinstalling HP Media Smart server on Windows 10

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I guess some files related to HP Media Smart Server, which are not completed removed from system drive causing this issue. Might be some instance in registry which are related to
    HP Media Smart Server also a reason for this. Ensure that the software and the files related to that particular software are completely removed from your PC. Do check on HP Website for instructions to uninstall
    HP Media Smart Server.

Check and remove the Home Connector Software through Control Panel to see if makes any difference.

• Press Windows logo key + X and then select Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program under Programs. In the window that opens, select the software you wish to remove and click
      Remove or Change/Remove.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
    • Once you done, reboot your PC and then try install the desired software again to see if you're able to install it again.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...

media servers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. Have you tried to manually disconnect the Media Servers from Windows Explorer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

We can try a few steps to manually disconnect the media servers from the list:

1. Press ‘Windows key + E’ on the keyboard to open ‘Windows Explorer.
    2. On the left hand side, click on ‘This PC’ to highlight.
    3. Select the ‘Media Server’.
    4. On top of the screen, on the ribbon, click on "Computer" tab.
    5. Click on ‘Access Media’ and then select the option ‘Disconnect from a media server’.

Further, request you to
    include a screenshot
    of that problem screen in your reply to guide you further.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...

1. Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for... - Similar Threads - Connecting Media Smart

2. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  3. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  4. Home Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Server: can anyone help please?i have a pc at home that i want to use as a server with up to 5 people gaining access to. how would i do thAT?aNY HELP IS APPRECIATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-server/4282b681-86e3-4bd9-a5fc-787ed6d6be63
  5. Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Remote Desktop Connection to home media server: A while ago (probably over 6 months now) I started getting the error in the first image when trying to RDP into my home server (literally just a pc with a bunch of HDD's and no peripherals). At the time I tried lookting for a fix, found nothing and switched to the UWP Remote...
  6. Home Server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Server: I don't know if this is possible or not, but I had an idea. I have multiple computers in my home. Each servers a particular purpose. Sometimes when I am on one computer I would like to access some of the programs that are on a different computer. I was thinking it would be...
  7. ex470 series Media Smart Server help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ex470 series Media Smart Server help: My server had to be retired because of many problems. I had stored many priceless photos and music files on the server. I found and purchased another ex470 in working order online. I put my 2gig ram card into the new chassis and installed my four drives from my old server....
  8. Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer: Hi All, Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via the native web console from my Windows 10 PC, but: 1. Can't map the network drive because I'm getting error around SMBv1...
  9. media servers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media servers: i have around 40 media servers showing, all are grayed out. How can I get rid of all these ghosts ? My media section on the netgear genie has been all unchecked and server name removed....
  10. Media Server

Media Server: Hello! I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to. However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I get "No server Found". I have checked the tv and no updates have been performed. The pc which is running Win 10 Home,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ex495 nic does not work