Windows 10: Connecting to internet crashes computer

Discus and support Connecting to internet crashes computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop crashes every time I connect to the internet. More specifically, it crashes whenever DCOM tries to run. So its fine until an application that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pacificapilot, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Connecting to internet crashes computer

my laptop crashes every time I connect to the internet. More specifically, it crashes whenever DCOM tries to run. So its fine until an application that uses internet tries to open and use the internet, like a browser. The stop code is usually WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and it freezes first, then BSOD. The event viewer indicates that it is the wifi card. PCI uncorrectable error. I tried with updated and old drivers, and even with a different known working wifi card. Also tried it with a USB wifi adapter. All three have the exact same result, which leads me to believe it is an issue with windows and not a hardware issue. The issue is fully resolved when I start in safe mode, or when I uninstall the network drivers.

However, I have also fully reinstalled windows from install media, and the problem is still present even when the system is fresh and untouched. If its not windows, and not the wifi card, what could it possibly be?

:)

pacificapilot, Mar 1, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting to internet crashes computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting to internet crashes computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    the calling would crash the whole internet connect

Hi,

I would like to ask more information regarding the issue to better assist you:

1. What changes have been made on the computer before this issue start?
    2. When you say crash, does it disconnect the computer from the internet or the whole system crashes?
    3. Does it have an error message?
    4. It is possible that an antivirus or malware-prevention software might prevent you from getting connected so with that, do you have a third-party antivirus or malware protection program installed in the computer?

In the meantime, I suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to isolate the issue. Here's how:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    2. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

You can also perform the troubleshooting steps in this article to determine the root cause of the problem.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 1, 2021
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Connecting to internet crashes computer

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Connecting to internet crashes computer

1. Connecting to internet crashes computer - Similar Threads - Connecting internet crashes

2. Computer crashes while connecting to the Internet

in Windows 10 News
    Computer crashes while connecting to the Internet: [IMG]If your computer crashes while connecting to the internet, the solutions provided in this article will help you. According to the reports, the Windows computer crashes every time users connect it to the internet through WiFi. Computer crashes while connecting to the...
  3. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer will not connect to internet: I have a dell inspiron running windows 11. My computer is not connecting to wifi and it won’t even show the wifi button to even try to connect to anything. I run the trouble shooter and it says to plug an Ethernet cable in. I don’t have one to do that currently. After...
  4. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer will not connect to internet: I have a dell inspiron running windows 11. My computer is not connecting to wifi and it won’t even show the wifi button to even try to connect to anything. I run the trouble shooter and it says to plug an Ethernet cable in. I don’t have one to do that currently. After...
  5. Computer’s internet connection crashes when I launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer’s internet connection crashes when I launch a game: For a few days now I’ve been having a problem where if I launch any game, the internet connection tanks, and only the PCs connection. My phone and other devices are still connecting perfect but on my pc I read 999ms ping and higher. It also stays bad for a couple hours after...
  6. Computer’s internet connection crashes when I launch a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer’s internet connection crashes when I launch a game: For a few days now I’ve been having a problem where if I launch any game, the internet connection tanks, and only the PCs connection. My phone and other devices are still connecting perfect but on my pc I read 999ms ping and higher. It also stays bad for a couple hours after...
  7. Computer’s internet connection crashes when I launch a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Computer not connecting to internet

Computer not connecting to internet: I have an issue with My computer and saying that it’s connected to the Internet with a ethernet cord but when I try to go into websites like steam discord any non-trusted like website but I like Microsoft and whenever I try or like I said when I search stuff up at work but...
  9. computer not connecting to internet

computer not connecting to internet: This is about my previous question. I have internet since i'm able to send this to you on my old computer. I purchased a new computer. It says i'm connected but I can not log on to anything with it. It said thread broken or no internet. Please advise what I can do....
  10. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer will not connect to internet: I just purchased a new HP Envy and am considering returning it because it will not connect to the internet. I keep getting this error message: "The Intel(R) Wireless AC 9560 160MHz adapter s experiencing problems." I see other are having this problem also. Is this...