Windows 10: Connecting to local computers

Discus and support Connecting to local computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers on a local network via Wifi and cable to the modem. Laptop on W10, New half tower W10, and old half tower on W7, which I am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Glenn IR, May 25, 2020.

1. Glenn IR Win User

Connecting to local computers

I have 3 computers on a local network via Wifi and cable to the modem. Laptop on W10, New half tower W10, and old half tower on W7, which I am trying to move over to new W10 PC. All printers come off the old W7PC at present.

The network is working and all computers can get internet but can't connect to other computers to exchange files or use printers.

Some machines are visible on file explorer on some computers and when I click on the relevant computer it says "enter network credentials" 'username & password'

I'm lost here - What user name & password - have tried many to no avail.

Can you reset these credentials some how ?

The old W7 PC has a Homegroup password that does not work but I understand Windows 10 does not use Homegroup

Is this the correct way to connect to other computers ?

cheers

:)

Glenn IR, May 25, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting to local computers [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting to local computers [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 25, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 25, 2020
  4. Connecting to local computers

Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to local computers

1. Connecting to local computers - Similar Threads - Connecting local computers

2. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  3. Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to computer on local home, private network: Computer 1 and Computer 2 are on the same Workgroup. There are No Windows Credentials on either Computer 1 or Computer 2. I am not getting the Enter Network Credentials windows anymore on either computer on trying to access the other computer from one computer. I have made...
  4. Any way to connect to Local Area Computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to connect to Local Area Computers?: any alternatives to Remote Desktop? 165924
  5. Computer randomly dropping local connections

Computer randomly dropping local connections: Have multiple laptops within a company that will randomly stop being able to access resources on the local network. If an ipconfig /release and renew get run, the connections return but will drop off at random intervals. Outside internet access works fine the whole time....
  6. local area connection

local area connection: i could i get some help on getting back my local area connection with microsoft so i was working on a project for school that required pinging via ethernet cable and i wanted to change my ip address but accidently deleted my local area connection. now i can not turn on my...
  7. Local Area Connection

Local Area Connection: how to avoid "Local Area Connection doesn't have valid ID configuration" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-connection/0cad5f67-865e-4839-8ce8-b96e323a5ec5
  8. Local Area Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Area Connection: hiiii I Am Using Laptop OS is Windows 10 64 Bit. i am still Facing This Problem My Laptop LAN Card Not Connected After Windows Start . I Have Checked Cable & Rj 45 connector Both Side. So Pl z give this Problem Solution Regard Mohit B...
  9. my local network of 3 computers will only connect with 2 computers of the connected devices

my local network of 3 computers will only connect with 2 computers of the connected devices: My local network of 3 computers will only connect with 2 computers. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-local-network-of-3-computers-will-only-connect/89d94055-2f65-4f77-99a2-f1769fa951fd
  10. How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network

How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network: Having after a while managed to remotely connect to my laptop on my local network,which was purely to see if i could do it,i now want to connect to someone else s computer at the other side of town so as i can resolve problems for them.is there any tutorials or advice from...