Windows 10: Connecting to local printer over internet

Discus and support Connecting to local printer over internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this. I have been asked to set up a remote connection from a laptop directly to a local printer connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scopio, Jun 23, 2020.

1. scopio Win User

Connecting to local printer over internet

Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this.
    I have been asked to set up a remote connection from a laptop directly to a local printer connected to the router, without remote connection to the office pc, so that the person using the laptop at home can print to the
    local printer in the office.
    Can this be set up on Windows 10 Home and if so how?
    Are there any tutorials on how to do this?

:)

scopio, Jun 23, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting to local printer over internet [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting to local printer over internet [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 23, 2020
  3. issue with internet explorer and connection of printer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that some system files are already corrupted or system configuration are not configured properly. To help you with this, please answer the following questions below:

• What is the build version of Windows that you are using? To check it, type in
      winver on Search bar and hit Ok.
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes?

Regarding the Internet Explorer concern, you can provide us a screenshot of what exactly is happening to it. Meanwhile, you can perform the following suggested steps:

• See the steps on this link on how to connect printer and troubleshoot if it is not working properly.
    • If the same issue persists, visit this link for some advanced troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Connecting to local printer over internet

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to local printer over internet

1. Connecting to local printer over internet - Similar Threads - Connecting local printer

2. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  3. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  4. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  6. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  7. Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . The building provides internet thru wired NIC. So we are unable to share...
  8. No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi

No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi: I had an open thread which I have now abandoned, as it had become too confused due to my complete lack of knowledge about what the problems really were and how to solve them. Now that I have at least a somewhat improved knowledge of what does work and does not, herewith that...
  9. Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.

Unable to access mapped drives over local network if internet connection is down.: I have a local network and several NAS drives and computer drives on the local network that are setup as mapped drives. Recently our internet connection went down for a couple of days and we were unable to access any of the mapped drives on the LOCAL network once a user...
  10. connecting printer to wireless internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting printer to wireless internet: How do I connect my HP laptop (windows 10) to my Xerox Phaser6128MFP printer using the wireless internet? I don't know how to find the IP address, etc to change my printer to wireless....