Windows 10: Connecting to Microsoft account while installing

Discus and support Connecting to Microsoft account while installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Usually, when installing windows, I'd be prompted to enter a microsoft account during the installation. Now I did it twice today (trying to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marron, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Connecting to Microsoft account while installing

Usually, when installing windows, I'd be prompted to enter a microsoft account during the installation.
    Now I did it twice today (trying to reinstall on my laptop) and I didn't get prompted to do so. Why ?

I know I can connect to microsoft account afterwards, but I'd prefer to do it during the installation.

:)

Marron, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Elmer San Win User

I updated to windows 10 from 7; I don't recall doing a Windows password. How do i find out?

Hi,

When installing Windows 10 or upgrading to Windows 10, in some part of the installation you will be asked if you want to set up a Microsoft account or a local account. Setting up a Microsoft account during installation needs to have your computer connected
    to the internet while setting up a local account during installation doesn’t need or require you to connect the computer to the internet. If Windows 10 didn’t require you to enter a Microsoft account or a User account, it means that you didn’t set up a username
    or password during installation.

We are waiting for your feedback.

Elmer San, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Connecting account to a Microsoft account causing errors

As of August 25 with all the most recent Windows 10 updates, that error still seems to persist.

JosephCapati, Sep 11, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Did you have internet access at that point in the install? I see it is a laptop, which is probably WiFi, which you probably were not connected to at that point in the install, especially if you are connecting to password protected WiFi.

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Connecting to Microsoft account while installing - Similar Threads - Connecting Microsoft account

2. Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect to Microsoft account when installing new windows: Guys i tried installing a new and reached where it says connect to wifi to finish the installation and it connected well but am not able to connect to my Microsoft account while installing the new windows 10 but also i had formatted my hard drive containing the previous...
  3. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account: I cannot get Minecraft to connect to my Microsoft account. The game loads up and when I click on the play button it brings up a pop up window that says Microsoft Account and inside it says "connecting..." My only option is to click ok, which closes the pop up. When I try to...
  4. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account: I cannot get Minecraft to connect to my Microsoft account. The game loads up and when I click on the play button it brings up a pop up window that says Microsoft Account and inside it says "connecting..." My only option is to click ok, which closes the pop up. When I try to...
  5. Facing errors while connecting to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facing errors while connecting to microsoft account: I have recently installed Windows 10 Education on my PC. I have too Microsoft account, one is personal and the other is from my university. The problem is whenever, I try to connect my account on settings, it shows "Something went wrong". I am even unable to connect edge to...
  6. Problem while connecting to exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem while connecting to exchange account: I have (kind of) the same problem while connecting to any Microsoft exchange, either the one from my university or my personnal Microsoft account that I use for Windows Store. In either case, when I enter all the informations needed, it takes a little time and then say that...
  7. Microsoft Store & Account no connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store & Account no connection: I am so desperate to fix this problem. This problem was happened after I cloning my windows from HDD to SSD. The cloning process is fine, but until i wanted to download software from Microsoft Store it just pop up no connection. Another problem is my Microsoft Account can't...
  8. Connected Devices with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected Devices with Microsoft Account: When I click settings > Phone > manage connected devices I get my Phone Galaxy C9 Pro and three Desktops. But I have only one connected desktop. Where do the other ones come from? Which one my genuine Windows Desktop? How do I find it out and rename the same so that I can...
  9. Can't connect to Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't connect to Microsoft account: First of all, it's my fault. I accidentally deleted 'Microsoft' subfolder from Roaming folder, and after that, I just can't link my local Windows account to my Microsoft account. It always says the basic failure messages. What should I do? How could I restore the original...
  10. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account: Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues. The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the...