Windows 10: Connecting to my mobile hotspot (cellphone) - only visible in Windows running at 2.4 GHz,...

Discus and support Connecting to my mobile hotspot (cellphone) - only visible in Windows running at 2.4 GHz,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Due to issues with our ISP here at home I've created a mobile hotspot on my cellular device in order to access the internet on my PC. This does work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/niqen, Feb 1, 2020.

1. /u/niqen Win User

Connecting to my mobile hotspot (cellphone) - only visible in Windows running at 2.4 GHz,...

Due to issues with our ISP here at home I've created a mobile hotspot on my cellular device in order to access the internet on my PC.

This does work, however my network is only visible in Windows 10 if it's running at 2.4 GHz.

If I switch it to 5 ghz on my phone, it won't show up. There's really not that many settings to tweak on my phone (P30 Pro). Only password, desired network name, frequency, and a data-limiter, which is currently switched off. As long as it's set to 2.4 ghz it's all good, however I do wish I knew why Windows cannot detect it if it's running at 5 ghz.

There are no problems connecting to our usual network running at 5 ghz.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/niqen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/niqen, Feb 1, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Feb 1, 2020
  3. 2 wifi devices, can I use one for mobile hotspot?

I said device, not computer. In one computer I have 2 wifi devices, one is connected to internet, can I use the second DEVICE to enable hotspot on that second device and give internet connection to any cellphone around my computer?? If so, how?

Christoph34, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Connecting to my mobile hotspot (cellphone) - only visible in Windows running at 2.4 GHz,...

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to my mobile hotspot (cellphone) - only visible in Windows running at 2.4 GHz,...

1. Connecting to my mobile hotspot (cellphone) - only visible in Windows running at 2.4 GHz,... - Similar Threads - Connecting mobile hotspot

2. Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot. Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  3. Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...

Only My mobile hotspot is not showing in my laptop whereas other hotspot are connecting...: Why's my laptop not detecting my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot ? Other systems as mobile and pc detect my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and my laptop also detects other phone's hotspot.Then why my laptop is not detecting my moblie's Wi-Fi?...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi,I've been using my computer as a mobile hotspot for my devices iPhone and iPad but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" on my iPhone when I try to connect, despite my computer having no problems connecting with the internet. I tried...
  5. Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot: To be able to work from home I use a VPN to connect to my work-PC using a remote desktop. But when I connect to my wifi and start the VPN connection, I'm unable to connect to the remote desktop. This error shows: "The remote resource can't be reached". But when I use my phone...
  6. "mobile hotspot" not visible in windows 10?

"mobile hotspot" not visible in windows 10?: I would like to set up a mobile hotspot for my mobile phone, but I don't see an item "mobile hotspot" or similar under settings. I have already looked at many questions and websites and searched for the root of the problem, but unfortunately I did not find anything. i read...
  7. Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz: Hello! I really need help here. I'm trying to use 5G on my mobile phone's hotspot, but it keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz. I event went to device manager and changed preffered band to 5 ghz, but my computer keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz, and it's really slow. Help? I even checked...
  8. WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the authentication, but just keep verifying the password!...
  9. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  10. mobile hotspot connection

mobile hotspot connection: hello, my aname is Amankwah, for sometime now im unable to connect my cell phone via hotspot like I used to. its been weeks now. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection/c302deba-0e78-47ad-a629-a83853878c2b