Windows 10: Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

Discus and support Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This issue started a few weeks ago, before that it was fine. But now as soon as it connects the driver crashes.The driver restarts but crashes again as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mehul Katheria, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

This issue started a few weeks ago, before that it was fine. But now as soon as it connects the driver crashes.The driver restarts but crashes again as soon as it connects. It'll do this on a loop till it stops restarting and the network adapter shows code 10 in the device manager or sometimes it'll start working and stays connected to the network but then the Bluetooth driver will disappear. The network adapter in my laptop has Bluetooth Killer 6E AX1675i 160 MHz. This only happens when I connect to my university wifi, I've checked other wifi connections and have not been able to recreate the

:)

Mehul Katheria, Apr 13, 2023

2. Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

This issue started a few weeks ago, before that it was fine. But now as soon as it connects the driver crashes.

The driver restarts but crashes again as soon as it connects. It'll do this on a loop till it stops restarting and the network adapter shows code 10 in the device manager or sometimes it'll start working and stays connected to the network but then the Bluetooth driver will disappear.

The network adapter in my laptop has Killer 6E AX1675i 160 MHz. This only happens when I connect to my university wifi, I've checked other wifi connections and have not been able to recreate the problem.

I have tried doing a clean install of my wifi driver and tried a few other things but have not been able to fix this.

I also noticed that the wifi driver works fine if I don't connect a bluetooth device while I'm connected to my university wifi.

Mehul Katheria, Apr 14, 2023
  3. tmork Win User
    Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Apr 14, 2023
  4. vilzii Win User

Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

WiFi driver stopped working abruplty

Hi
    I have been using this version of windows 10 from last 1 month. I installed all the drivers and everything was working just fine. From last few days my wifi driver isn't responding. I tried reinstalling the driver but the problem still exists.
    I can connect through the ethernet cable and the bluetooth driver is also working. Only the wifi driver has stopped. Please help.
    My laptop is Dell inspiron 5520

vilzii, Apr 14, 2023
Thema:

Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

1. Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working - Similar Threads - Connecting university wifi

2. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  3. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  4. Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working: This issue started a few weeks ago, before that it was fine. But now as soon as it connects the driver crashes.The driver restarts but crashes again as soon as it connects. It'll do this on a loop till it stops restarting and the network adapter shows code 10 in the device...
  5. My PC stops connecting to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC stops connecting to WiFi: My desktop PC running Windows 10 has had this problem twice now. When I boot-up it automatically connects to WiFi and everything works fine. I can get on the internet, download games, nothing's wrong. Then, a varying amount of time later, it disconnects from the WiFi and...
  6. My PC stops connecting to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC stops connecting to WiFi: My desktop PC running Windows 10 has had this problem twice now. When I boot-up it automatically connects to WiFi and everything works fine. I can get on the internet, download games, nothing's wrong. Then, a varying amount of time later, it disconnects from the WiFi and...
  7. My PC stops connecting to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Bluetooth & WiFi stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth & WiFi stopped working: Wife has Dell Inspiron 7786, 2-in-1, laptop that she uses for work. Running Win 10. Some updates installed last week, computer running fine on Friday. Monday morning, she woke it up and noticed her Bluetooth mouse wasn't responding. She swapped battery out with no luck and...
  9. My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi: I brought my laptop from Korea and while I was in Korea, it worked really well. Even after I arrived in U.S it worked pretty well with other types of wifi. Now I arrived at the university campus and I am having an issue with wifi connection. When I try to connect my laptop to...
  10. Problems with University Wifi connection

Problems with University Wifi connection: Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection and then get kicked off the network. Then when I try to reconnect to the wifi it will not let me in anymore as it just says...