Windows 10: Connecting to NAS drives on initial boot

Discus and support Connecting to NAS drives on initial boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting the usual problem that windows has never fixed. On boot up quite often I get the message that network drives could not connect. They are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike8, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Mike8 Win User

Connecting to NAS drives on initial boot

I am getting the usual problem that windows has never fixed. On boot up quite often I get the message that network drives could not connect. They are 'X'ed out, but on clicking they are really there. It used to be the random way windows boots all the drivers up. But on reboot it all seems to work. Is there any boot item that needs to be delayed to allow network card to fire up before it tries to connect to the network. This does not affect internet connection just nas drives.

:)

Mike8, Aug 15, 2015
  2. bgsan Win User

Ovi Suiye 2.1 - Initialising Failed (Unable to proceed with the installer execution)

Same thing happened to me too. Didn't initialized even from a NAS drive. Copied to local drive and installing OVI worked fine.

bgsan, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Teroro Win User
    Blue Screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when iSCSI device is absence

I has a Synology NAS and set up a iSCSI Target. My SP3 connected the iSCSI target via
    iSCSI Initiator, which is located at "C:\Windows\System32\iscsicpl.exe".

The error occurs when I power up the SP3 when the NAS is powered down or not connecting the WLAN where the NAS serser locates.

Teroro, Aug 15, 2015
  4. linw Win User

I had a similar problem that went away after I disabled the NAS sleep function. I put it down to too long a delay at NAS wakeup.

Not saying this is the same as yours but may be worth looking at.

5. swarfega Win User
    I sometimes get this and I think its because there is some delay when Windows actually connects to the internet and other connections. Sometimes you can see the triangle on the network icon in systray before it actually connects.

swarfega, Aug 16, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    I've also seen that triangle but just on one comp but that seems to have gone away now.

linw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connecting to NAS drives on initial boot - Similar Threads - Connecting NAS drives

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  4. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive: Three days ago, I upgraded the firmware on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS drive. As part of the firmware update, I had to change the passwords for two of the users. Since then, I cannot access shares on the NAS drive from my main DELL computer. Two days ago, after much fiddling...
  6. NAS connection intermittent

NAS connection intermittent: Hello Everybody! I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs. This one particular PC is losing the connection to our NAS every once in a while for no apparent reason and then it restores itself in a day or two have to reconnect the drives...
  7. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  8. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  9. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...
  10. nas connect problem

nas connect problem: using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to map the drive C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not...