Windows 10: Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

Discus and support Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THX1138, Apr 22, 2019.

1. THX1138 Win User

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials.

Can anyone advise which of the following is most likely:

a) my credentials were wrong and Windows doesn't have the sense to ask me to type them again - it gives me no opportunity to try a second time to enter my password correctly

b) my credentials were right and Windows knows this but something else is preventing connection

Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access" [​IMG]

Of course, the Diagnose button does nothing helpful. I presume it's there because Microsoft intends to make it functional at some point in the distant future.

:)

THX1138, Apr 22, 2019
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Apr 22, 2019
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access" - Similar Threads - Connecting NAS cannot

2. cannot access Lacie NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access Lacie NAS: i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can access the files I cant reset the device as I have photos which I want to keep on it If I took the device out of the nas...
  3. Cannot access NAS after resetting windows 10

Cannot access NAS after resetting windows 10: Ok. Driving me mad. Linkstation attached via ethernet to network. Static IP 192.168.0.2 Can access via other devices on network. NAS software can 'see' the device and confirms the IP address. I can access 192.168.0.2 through browser. Windows saw the device fine until I...
  4. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  5. Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS: Hello, I’m in bit of a trouble here. I have a WD MyCloud NAS which is connected to my local network over a static IP (192.168.0.107) setup within my router DHCP settings. Everything works as expected from my mac and the NAS is easily accessible from there, but my Windows 10...
  6. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  7. I cannot access a NAS as a guest user

I cannot access a NAS as a guest user: Hi I need to access a NAS as a guest user, it is possible to access the NAS on a computer with Linus but it is not possible when using Windows. When I try I get the network error 1208. From what I have read the functionality was disabled in windows because it was too...
  8. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access files on Nas: On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's. This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home. Disabling jumbo frames...
  9. Cannot access NAS from One User

Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot access connect bt router bt usb

2. connecting nas to pc