Windows 10: Connecting to non-router wifi

Discus and support Connecting to non-router wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Besides my wireless router, I have several other wifi "networks" in my home, that do not provide Internet service. For example, one of my endoscope... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanFulger, Aug 25, 2020.

1. DanFulger Win User

Connecting to non-router wifi

Besides my wireless router, I have several other wifi "networks" in my home, that do not provide Internet service.

For example, one of my endoscope cameras has such a network.

When I disconnect from the router and connect to one of these, the "WLAN-Autoconfig" service part of Windows automatically disconnects the wifi every few minutes; the Event Viewer error is:

WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.

Recovery Type: 4

Error Code: 0x0

Trigger Reason: 7

IP Family: 0

Is there a way to disable this behaviour, maybe by changing something in the Registry?

If I stop the "WLAN-Autoconfig" service, wireless stops working completely.

:)

DanFulger, Aug 25, 2020

2. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Aug 25, 2020
  3. ALotfiCo Win User
    950XL Wifi / Router Problem

Since I have purchased my 950XL the wifi connection in my router shuts down, I still have wired connection but all devices connected via wifi lose their connection to router. Apparently others have the same issue as well Windows Phones

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

UPDATE:

• I have had 15 conversations on Twitter with @LumiaHelp & so far they have suggested general instructions. I will report back if they truly provide a solution.
    • This is the model of the modem that gets affected DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem | CDA3 | Hitron Americas

UPDATE FEB 6:

• Lumia Help & Microsoft's provided solutions via Twitter (@LumiaHelp) has been useless.
    • If anyone has this issue, please kindly complain on Twitter as more voices are needed.
    • They are suggesting this is an isolated issue & I keep sending the list of people whom everyday come up with this problem.
    • I need help to raise awareness otherwise we won't be noticed.
    • My ID on twitter is @LotfiCo if you want to include me in your message.

Update June 6:

• After months of back and forth with Lumia & Microsoft support, the phone works with certain routers and as evidenced by latest replies, it still doesn't work with some select other routers.
    • This effort has been useless in a sense that proper attention has not been given to this issue.
    • Is having a wifi connection too much too ask on a "smart phone"?
    • The support response has been ridiculous at best.

ALotfiCo, Aug 25, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Connecting to non-router wifi - Similar Threads - Connecting non router

2. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  3. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  4. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  6. WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.: How do I get a Router to find a WiFi Adapter so that the WiFi adapter can pick up the Router WiFi signal ? The WiFi Router is useless as it needs to inherit a WiFi signal for it to work. I had Windows find the device once, but then I couldn't get it to find it again ?...
  7. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  8. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...
  9. wifi router

wifi router: I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router is a Sagemcom fast 5260...
  10. Wifi-Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi-Router: Hi i'm 17 I don't know a lot about computers I got this Windows 10 desktop on Christmas, Yea won't lie about it. I have been having trouble with connection to games ever since I moved to the basement I did a speed test and my ping is 8, Download 36Mbps, and upload is...