Windows 10: Connecting to rdp - domain user

Discus and support Connecting to rdp - domain user in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teddy_pl, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Connecting to rdp - domain user

I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain environment). When I want to connect with rdp, after establishing connection to remote computer I receive info that name or password is incorrect - which I'm 100% sure is correct, because I use it everyday and with this credentials I can establish rdp connection. I've added local user with admin rights - and I can use it to login to the desktop. How can I fix it and make it possible for my account to use rdp?

submitted by /u/teddy_pl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teddy_pl, Apr 7, 2021
  2. ZenMasta Win User

User/Domain missing from RDP log

I experienced a security issue today where I was logged out due to RDP session (while I was RDP'd) when I reconnected someone was using the webs browser. I pulled the plug on the ethernet and deleted my RDP rules on my router. As well as reset the windows
    firewall to only allow private networks.

But now I'd like to see if I can figure out the IP that made those connections.

If I drill down to

Event viewer-->Microsoft-->Windows-->TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManagerin TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager OperationalEvent ID: 1149

I do see several entries

I see user/domain and an ipv6 address for hich I believe is my current ipv6 (it doesnt match exactly what I see when I ipconfig, but when I log out and reconnect it's the same in the event viewer)

but then I see many other entries which have no user or domain, but have either an ipv4 or ipv6 (both which happen to be the pc I'm currently using)

How can user authentication succeed but not log the user and domain?

Is there any other item in event viewer that I can lookup to help find the intruding ip address?

ZenMasta, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Slow initial RDP connection

Hello.

I have a strange problem: since we recently moved from a 2003 domain (I know, way too long used) to a 2016 domain (no domain upgrade but a fresh install), RDP to a PC is taking a long time to login. A connection is made, but the
    RDP window shows a spinning circle at “Welcome” for around 90 seconds. After this, for the most PCs the desktop is shown and the RDP connection is as fast as it should be. Some PCs however never login, the welcome keeps spinning.
    Even worse: if you disconnect/connect the RDP connection a couple of times and you try to reconnect again, the target PC will never login and even physically you are unable to login… a hard reset only will solve the problem…

This behavior is only when RDP to Windows 7 or Server 2012. Logging in remote to Windows 10 or Server 2016 works without any delay. I tried different combinations:

PC A taken out domain and PC B taken out domain: RDP from A to B no problem

PC A taken out domain and PC B taken out domain: RDP from B to A no problem

PC A taken out domain en PC B member of domain: RDP from A to B 90 sec delay at logging in

PC A taken out domain en PC B member of domain: RDP from B to A no problem

PC A member of domain en PC B member of domain: RDP from A or B to B or A 90 sec delay at logging in

PC A member of domain but no GPO policies applied and PC B member of domain but no GPO policies applied: RDP 90 sec delay at logging in

PC A and PC B are Windows 7 Pro, fully updated or vanilla.

I tried all the GPO fixes found on the net about RDP tweaking, changing ports, or adding
    enablecredsspsupport:i:0 to default.rdp file.

The eventlog (of RDP or terminal services) of the target PC is not showing any errors.

Somehow the new domain is causing this behavior…

Thanks in advance,

Martijn Ruiter, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Connecting to rdp - domain user

Slow initial RDP connection

Hi,

Your question is beyond the scope of these Forums

This Community is mainly for home users and their computer problems, not business systems.

Kindly post your question in the TechNet Server Forums.

Technet forums

TechNet Forums:

Technet forums

MSDN Forums:

Msdn forums

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Connecting to rdp - domain user

1. Connecting to rdp - domain user - Similar Threads - Connecting rdp domain

2. RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.: Windows 10 Pro, 22H2. This is a RDP problem.I can connect to another computer in a different state using RDP. However, once this same computer joins the company Domain it will not connect.I get the message that the credentials don't work. It didn't help removing the computer...
  3. RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.: Windows 10 Pro, 22H2. This is a RDP problem.I can connect to another computer in a different state using RDP. However, once this same computer joins the company Domain it will not connect.I get the message that the credentials don't work. It didn't help removing the computer...
  4. RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User

Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User: I have been using Remote Desktop on my current user on this computer to connect to another computer on the same network. This has worked for a year or more. Today it will find the remote computer and try and connect, but gives the error: This computer cannot connect to the...
  6. Authenticating a user from a disparat domain over RDP

Authenticating a user from a disparat domain over RDP: I have a Win10 work notebook which, many years ago, the desktop support guy set up so that I could RDP to the work notebook from my home computer. The reason for this is that the work notebook has a 14" screen and my home computer has 2x 28" screens so nuf said about that....
  7. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  8. Domain User Issue involving RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Domain User Issue involving RDP: I’m installing a computer that will primarily be utilized using the Remote Desktop application. The Domain Controller is running Windows Server 2012 R2 and the computer I’m installing that will be RDP’d is running Windows 10 Professional. The new machine is a Dell Precision...
  9. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.: We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying - shows Connecting to ... Securing remote connection. Bar keeps sliding on that screen. Meanwhile I can see their session...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968