Windows 10: Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

Discus and support Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay so recently I got a new laptop (Asus ROG Zephyrus M) and for some reason beyond me it won't connect to my schools WiFi (I attend and live in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamCavanagh, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

Okay so recently I got a new laptop (Asus ROG Zephyrus M) and for some reason beyond me it won't connect to my schools WiFi (I attend and live in a boarding school so this is quite needed (this WiFi has worked on previous laptops I have owned so I know it is just my laptop).

My laptop is fully able to connect to WiFi networks, as it can connect to my phones 4G Hotspot perfectly fine (it also works with regular home wifi). I don't know why my laptop won't connect, it just doesn't log in. Sometimes I can be typing in my username (for the WiFi) and it will just delete my username. Anyway, when I am actually able to type in my username etc. it just goes back to being unconnected - it looks like it's connecting but then just doesn't. I don't get any error messages, nothing. I've looked around on the web and also found nothing; maybe it's something really easy I don't know!

By the way my school WiFi is just a regular 'login' WiFi, when you click connect you have to login with and username and password. I don't know what type of security it is etc. sorry.

:)

AdamCavanagh, Sep 20, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Asus ROG. Opinions?

Hello,

I am planning on getting a gaming laptop and my #1 choice is the Asus ROG that is on sale on the online Microsoft store. I have heard split reviews about the Asus, some saying that it simply doesn't turn on to some saying it is fantastic. It obviously
    has a lot of capabilities and looking at its specs, it has a very powerful system however is it reliable enough for me to purchase or will it just be a waste of time. If it isn't reliable, then what would be a good backup computer to purchase.

Moved from Mobile Devices

Original title: Asus ROG

WilliamB15, Sep 20, 2018
  4. 赃 cat Win User

Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

cannot connect to wifi of school

Yes

I can see wifi networks when I switch on the wifi button.

Below the name of the school wifi, it says “secured”. Then tap to connect, so I input the login and password, it still said, I cannot connect to the school wifi network.

Information Centre says they either donot know what to do to solve this problem.

赃 cat, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

1. Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop. - Similar Threads - Connecting School Wifi

2. ASUS ROG WiFi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG WiFi issue: The issue with my ASUS ROG laptop is that the Wi-Fi symbol doesn't appear upon startup, requiring me to perform a network reset each time to make it visible and functional. Sometimes, the Device Manager displays a yellow symbol indicating a problem with the media tech driver....
  3. ASUS ROG WiFi issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG WiFi issue: The issue with my ASUS ROG laptop is that the Wi-Fi symbol doesn't appear upon startup, requiring me to perform a network reset each time to make it visible and functional. Sometimes, the Device Manager displays a yellow symbol indicating a problem with the media tech driver....
  4. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  5. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  6. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  8. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  9. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop not connecting to school wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop not connecting to school wifi: Hi, whenever I try to connect to my school's WIFI, a windows security box pops up which asks me to type in a username and password, I've tried my windows username and password which worked for to see my other passwords for websites and stuff but nothing is working to get my...