Windows 10: Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

Discus and support Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay so recently I got a new laptop (Asus ROG Zephyrus M) and for some reason beyond me it won't connect to my schools WiFi (I attend and live in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamCavanagh, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

Okay so recently I got a new laptop (Asus ROG Zephyrus M) and for some reason beyond me it won't connect to my schools WiFi (I attend and live in a boarding school so this is quite needed (this WiFi has worked on previous laptops I have owned so I know it is just my laptop).

My laptop is fully able to connect to WiFi networks, as it can connect to my phones 4G Hotspot perfectly fine (it also works with regular home wifi). I don't know why my laptop won't connect, it just doesn't log in. Sometimes I can be typing in my username (for the WiFi) and it will just delete my username. Anyway, when I am actually able to type in my username etc. it just goes back to being unconnected - it looks like it's connecting but then just doesn't. I don't get any error messages, nothing. I've looked around on the web and also found nothing; maybe it's something really easy I don't know!

By the way my school WiFi is just a regular 'login' WiFi, when you click connect you have to login with and username and password. I don't know what type of security it is etc. sorry.

:)

AdamCavanagh, Sep 20, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Asus ROG. Opinions?

Hello,

I am planning on getting a gaming laptop and my #1 choice is the Asus ROG that is on sale on the online Microsoft store. I have heard split reviews about the Asus, some saying that it simply doesn't turn on to some saying it is fantastic. It obviously
    has a lot of capabilities and looking at its specs, it has a very powerful system however is it reliable enough for me to purchase or will it just be a waste of time. If it isn't reliable, then what would be a good backup computer to purchase.

Moved from Mobile Devices

Original title: Asus ROG

WilliamB15, Sep 20, 2018
  4. 赃 cat Win User

Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

cannot connect to wifi of school

Yes

I can see wifi networks when I switch on the wifi button.

Below the name of the school wifi, it says “secured”. Then tap to connect, so I input the login and password, it still said, I cannot connect to the school wifi network.

Information Centre says they either donot know what to do to solve this problem.

赃 cat, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop.

1. Connecting to School Wifi with Asus ROG laptop. - Similar Threads - Connecting School Wifi

2. Windows 10 ASUS Rog wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ASUS Rog wont work: So it started when my computer audio wouldn't work so I figured out that windows audio wouldn't start and when I tried to start it manually it came up with an error code which I think apparently meant I was not an admin acount which is not true. So I tried some solutions on...
  3. New ASUS ScreenPad 2.0, Screenpad Plus and refreshed ROG gaming laptop

in Windows 10 News
    New ASUS ScreenPad 2.0, Screenpad Plus and refreshed ROG gaming laptop: At Computex 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan, ASUS unveiled a lineup of ZenBooks with new versions of its ScreenPad and a refreshed lineup of laptops from its Republic of Gamers. The company also celebrated its 30th anniversary with an exclusive limited-edition ZenBook Edition 30...
  4. ASUS announces a lineup of new and refreshed ROG gaming laptops

in Windows 10 News
    ASUS announces a lineup of new and refreshed ROG gaming laptops: ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) has announced a top-to-bottom update of its gaming laptop family. The ROG spring 2019 collection mixes all-new models with refreshed systems to deftly balance the performance required by gamers, content creators and power users with the...
  5. Unable to connect Asus laptop to the scanner

Unable to connect Asus laptop to the scanner: I use PrimeFilm 1800 scanner which I cannot connect to the Asus laptop. I tried a lot of variants to connect these devices then I did troubleshooting, reinstalled software but with no avail....
  6. Asus ROG G750 waking up issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus ROG G750 waking up issues: Hi guys Ive ran recently in to some problems with my asus g750. After performing a clean format, my sleep mode is really weird.* When waking up after sleep mode, i see the windows splash, login screen, homepage. But when i see the homepage, all my apps incl documents are...
  7. Using School Wifi For Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using School Wifi For Updates: My personal internet is quite slow. Windows Update take hours upon hours. I'm planning to do a windows update at school (Community College) since its about 10x faster there. Does it make a difference if I use the student wifi vs guest wifi on campus. I'm worry that it isn't...
  8. ASUS ROG GL752VW No Battery Is Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS ROG GL752VW No Battery Is Detected: I have a recently purchased ASUS laptop as mentioned in title, and there seems to be issue after issue. As mentioned in a previous thread, I had problems with my sound card popping a crackling. After updating my BIOS drivers, this fixed the problem. Now I have a new...
  9. BSOD in ASUS ROG GL 552

BSOD in ASUS ROG GL 552: Ok so recently my system crashed while playing batman arkham knight. I get this bsod kernel_system_check_failure. Interesting part is that I only get this crash while playing arkham knight only. My system is barely a week old. Specs are- 4th gen i7 (4750HQ). 8 gb ram, 4 gb...
  10. ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing: Greetings. After upgrading to windows 10 from win7, my laptop are missing some features, like backlight in the keyboard, and some of the functionskeys do not work anymore. The missing backlight is the biggest issue, as the letters on the keys are hard to see, as they are...