Windows 10: Connecting to smart devices

Discus and support Connecting to smart devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I link my lenovo ideapad to my samsung smart tv?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathyDeGasperis, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Connecting to smart devices

How do I link my lenovo ideapad to my samsung smart tv?

:)

KathyDeGasperis, Aug 2, 2020

2. Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 2, 2020
  3. What does "Cast to device" mean?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to connect PC and smart phone to a Smart TV.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the Smart TV ?
    • How are you trying to connect Smart TV to the PC?
    Refer the manual which comes with Smart TV for more information about how to connect TV to a PC.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Press the Connect button in the action center to find your device. Windows 10 usually finds devices automatically when you plug them in or turn them on. If it doesn't, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type devices.

• From the list of search results, select Devices.

• Select Add a device.
    Once you are able to find the device then use the Cast to device option to Stream the files.

For reference:

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab02

Project to a wireless display with Miracast:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Connecting to smart devices

Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

Hi Darren,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• What steps have you taken on your end?
    • Did you receive any error messages when you tried to connect your Smart TV your PC?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to smart devices

1. Connecting to smart devices - Similar Threads - Connecting smart devices

2. Connect a smart card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect a smart card: I am using the digital signature on the remote desktop user and it shows the error "Connect a smart card"how to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-a-smart-card/604042bc-0da2-4fbf-92a7-ee8e5150d5f7
  3. Smart view/Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart view/Connect: So I'm connecting my phone screen to my laptop but I cant use my trackpad. Is there a way to use my trackpad or is it that i cant use my touchpad at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-viewconnect/89ed6087-5b91-4d2a-a3ef-f77aed608b1b
  4. Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping PC connected to Android device to use android smart lock.: Lads, a question. I can connect my phone to my pc (windows 10, with Bluetooth adapter) over Bluetooth for a specific task, like a file transfer or playing music. But the second the task is completed, the connection simply drops. My question is how do I keep it connected...
  5. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Smart Card error but it is connected: I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1909. When using my smart card reader I get an error to connect a smart card. In Device Manager the reader shows up when connected. I have rolled back the drivers, reinstalled several times and updated to the newest...
  6. How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?

in Cortana
    How to connect smart devices (like: smart lights) to cortana?: Hi! I can't connect to my smart lights becouse in the connections tab (Start menu<Cortana's notebook<Manage skills, Image down below),I can't see the Connect to home option. Mark [ATTACH]...
  7. Laptop connect Samsung smart TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop connect Samsung smart TV: laptop connect to Samsung smart TV look not clear. look how to do it make look better clear and I could use laptop to smart TV than hold on my hip nor the desk anywhere. How do I make laptop to smart TV look good work ? 132777
  8. lost connection with smart tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost connection with smart tv: I’ve installed a Samsung Smart View app on my PC running Windows 10. However I’ve recently faced an issue because I cannot transfer video on mu PC. I receive a notification that the app has "lost connection" with the t.v. All the other apps on my PC works fine and TV is also...
  9. Connect a Smart Card

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect a Smart Card: I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance. 30636
  10. CES 2018: New Smart and Connected Home Devices Start with Intel Inside

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2018: New Smart and Connected Home Devices Start with Intel Inside: Among the areas where data has the power to transform our daily lives the most: the rise of the smart home. During CES, Intel and its partners announced new products that can connect, change and improve our lives to make them more convenient and enjoyable. Analysts predict...