Windows 10: Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

Discus and support Connecting to specific WiFi channel? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network? thanks... -k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kylan619, Dec 2, 2019.

1. kylan619 Win User

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network?

thanks...

-k

:)

kylan619, Dec 2, 2019
  2. unlimited Win User

Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

Cheers for your reply. It makes sense what you are saying. I think there are certain 'blackspots' in my house where the issue becomes amplified. I am very close to the WiFi and there is only 1 thin wall so I think it could be more to do with a 'blackspot'. There are 7 people in my house so that's 7 laptops and 7 mobiles connected to the wifi so the wifi will be congested. My router puts out 2g and 5g. My laptop only supports the 2g which I assume is the 2.4Ghz. What channel do you suggest I set my wifi settings to? Opposed to the 11 it is currently set to.

Connecting to specific WiFi channel? [​IMG]

oh wait, you meant the channel on the actual router. Okay, i've changed that to the least congested channel after checking with wifiinfoview. So what does the channel in my screenshot mean/do?

unlimited, Dec 2, 2019
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Wifi channel

After finding what the channel is how do I get the computer to use that channel? I do not have an Auto on the Router.

I have a Netgear router, N750 WiFi Router, model WNDR4300

Some of my laptops connect at 5Ghz and others connect at 2.4Ghz. How can I get the ones that connect at 2,4Ghz to connect at 5Ghz.

Is there a way to put the channel in the computer?

lacrumb, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

1. Connecting to specific WiFi channel? - Similar Threads - Connecting specific WiFi

2. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  3. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  4. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cant connect to a specific wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant connect to a specific wifi: I have a windows 10 pc with a wifi adpter. Sometimes when my pc boots up, it wont connect to my home wifi, though it does connect with my cellphone hotspot. It takes some reboots and netsh winsock reset to reconnect with wifi and keep connected trought the day. Its really...
  6. After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...: As soon i change it back to Auto the laptop finds the network just fine, but it's significantly slower. The smartphone doesn't have that problem at all....
  7. Unable to connect to specific WiFi network

Unable to connect to specific WiFi network: Hi all,This post has heavily borrowed from two previous threads from 2019 and 2020 outlining this specific issue:Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network - Microsoft CommunityComplicated WIFI connection Issue - Microsoft CommunityI've followed all of the solutions in the...
  8. Can't connect to specifically home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to specifically home wifi: I'm kind of at my wit's end here. I'm using a dell venue 11 pro 7140 and my wifi card is intel dual band - AC 7265. I came home yesterday and found that it can no longer connect to my home internet, and specifically my home internet. It hangs on "verifying and connecting"...
  9. Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection

Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection: My daughter uses her W10 laptop at both school and home. When at home on the WiFi I manage, I want to configure the WiFi connection with a proxy server. Naturally, if the laptop joins another WiFi connection at school or elsewhere, I do not want that proxy server to be...
  10. Wifi crashes after trying to connect to a specific wifi

Wifi crashes after trying to connect to a specific wifi: Hi there, I'm trying to connect to my apartment complex's wifi, but everytime I type in the password, the wifi crashes and opens back up to say 'Cant connect to this network'. I'm using the most updated windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I've tried every suggestion I've found...