Windows 10: Connecting to the strongest Wifi network on Windows 10

Discus and support Connecting to the strongest Wifi network on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Wifi networks at home and I would like my Windows 10 laptop to automatically connect to the network with the strongest signal. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aarti Gupta IN, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Connecting to the strongest Wifi network on Windows 10

I have two Wifi networks at home and I would like my Windows 10 laptop to automatically connect to the network with the strongest signal.

As recommended by the Microsoft community, I tried to change the network settings to increase the roaming aggressiveness of my wifi adapter. However, that did not work for me.

After spending a lot of time researching other possible solutions, none of which worked for me, I decided to write a Windows service to solve the problem. The service runs in the background and continually scans for available wifi networks, ranks them by signal strength, and connects to the network with the strongest signal.

I've been running the service on my windows 10 laptop for a few weeks now and it works like a charm.

Steps to install -

1. Download the exe from here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/17rS2XPK7Esmklcs_JsGOt5iT5bYaRfQr/view?usp=sharing

2. Install the exe as a windows service. sc create ConnectToBestWifiService <Path to exe>

3. Launch Windows service manager, locate ConnectToBestWifiService, right click, go to properties and set Start Up type to automatic.

4. Start ConnectToBestWifiService from the service manager.

Hope this helps others who may have the same problem.

Good luck

:)

Aarti Gupta IN, Sep 18, 2020
  2. BenCarp Win User

Connecting to the strongest and fastest wifi network in windows 10

Original Title: Connecting to the strongest and fastest wifi network

Hi,

I use a relatively new laptop with the latest version of Windows 10.

Among available (Wi-Fi) networks, and those which windows remembers and set to connect to automatically, I would like it to connect to the strongest and fastest network. This is not the case. And sometimes Windows uses weak, or slow connections, until I
    set it manually to a different network.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Ben

BenCarp, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Connecting to the strongest and fastest wifi network in windows 10

Hi Ben,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan for the Flickering Mouse Issue.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

Method 2: Clear the DNS and manually configure the TCP/IP settings.

Step 1: Clear the DNS resolver cache.

• Right click on start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter.
    Step 2: Manually configure the TCP/IP settings.

• Type "Network and Sharing Center" on the Start screen, click "Settings" and press enter.
    • Click "Change adapter settings" on the left hand side pane.
    • Right click the adapter and click "Properties".
    • Select the Internet Protocol version you use and would like to configure and click "Properties".
    • Manually enter the address, gateway and server information and click "OK".
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Wired and wireless network problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Connecting to the strongest Wifi network on Windows 10

ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED due to WiFi cycling on & off while connected on wired ethernet

Hi,

Your laptop will automatically connect to a wireless connection if you select to connect automatically the first time you connect to it and whenever you are within the range of the of that wireless connection. The indication that
    your laptop is connecting to a wireless connection, you will see a cycle on the wireless connection icon. If your premises have multiple routers and you
    are moving around, your laptop will connect to the router that has the strongest wireless connection. We suggest
    that you delete the wireless network names on your laptop and re-connect to them again. Here are the steps on how you can delete or remove wireless network profiles on your laptop:

• Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app. Select Network & Internet.
    • Click on WiFi in the left panel to see Manage WiFi Settings, click it.
    • Press on Forget. This will delete the Wireless Network's profile and connection details.

If the issue still persists, please refer to this

link
    on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

Regards.

Emmanuel Gam, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Connecting to the strongest Wifi network on Windows 10

1. Connecting to the strongest Wifi network on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connecting strongest Wifi

2. Automatically switch to strongest WiFi in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Automatically switch to strongest WiFi in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Staying connected to a reliable and strong WiFi connection is essential nowadays. Nevertheless, sometimes devices can get stuck on a weaker WiFi signal. Fortunately, Windows 11/10 has a built-in feature that automatically switches to the strongest WiFi signal...
  3. no wifi in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no wifi in network connections: I can't seem to connect to wifi on my laptop after doing a factory reset. I'm really confused. when I open up network settings the wifi network is just not there....
  4. no wifi in network connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no wifi in network connections: I can't seem to connect to wifi on my laptop after doing a factory reset. I'm really confused. when I open up network settings the wifi network is just not there....
  5. Network Connection And Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Connection And Wifi: Anyone know how to fix this?[IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-and-wifi/5e8a6fb9-0862-4ea9-a94b-8b51e98b004f
  6. WIFI and Network Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI and Network Connection: Hi On clicking on the wifi icon on the tray, the wifi tab open with a breaking UI. Also the network and internet setting is crashing. it doesn't opens [ATTACH]...
  7. wifi network connection

wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  8. Network with wifi connection

Network with wifi connection: Good day.. I need help with my computer I am accommodated at a place that has wifi but my computer only stays connected for like 10 seconds …. and when you stream something or are on Netflix it needs you to troubleshoot it and then it only stay connected for like 10 seconds...
  9. WiFi can't connect to this network ( windows 10)

WiFi can't connect to this network ( windows 10): I have formatted windows 10 on my pc and reinstalled another version win10 on my pc, in the final stage of installation of win 10, it asked my wifi ssid & password and it results in " cant connect to this network". I have searched & tried numerous methods i.e drivers...
  10. Connecting to the strongest wifi network in windows 10

Connecting to the strongest wifi network in windows 10: I have a wifi network at home, which is set up as follows: The main wifi router, one repeater/extender unit and 2 power line(LAN) units that are also wifi transmitters/sources. So in total there are four sources of wifi in our home. All these sources have the same...