Windows 10: Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

Discus and support Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Community - I am experiencing something that I am unsure is an issue or Windows 10 networking working as intended. What I need to do is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShahirAhang, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

Hello Community - I am experiencing something that I am unsure is an issue or Windows 10 networking working as intended. What I need to do is to connect to the Internet home Wi-Fi network using the onboard wireless NIC Wi-Fi and at the same time, connect to a hardware device which has its own SSID using an external USB wireless NIC Wi-Fi 2. Please also note that the device does appear to run a DHCP server and assigns an IP address and subnet mask to the host but not a default gateway when connected.

I see both wireless NICs in Device Manager as well as Wi-Fi adapters. What happens is when I connect to home Wi-Fi using Wi-Fi onboard Wi-Fi adapter, it connects and I'm connected to the Internet. When I click on Show available networks under Wi-Fi 2 external USB Wi-Fi adapter and select the advertised SSID from the hardware device, it connects to the device using Wi-Fi not Wi-Fi 2 and disconnects from my home Wi-Fi SSID and thus no Internet access.

So my question is is it possible to connect to two SSIDs using two different wireless NICs simultaneously? I know I can do this using a single Wireless NIC and an ethernet connection or two or more different ethernet connections but unsure if this will work with two wireless networks given what I have experienced.

Shahir

:)

ShahirAhang, Mar 8, 2021

2. Windows Wi-Fi connection problems to hidden SSID

This does not apply to any of our Windows 7 machines.

All of our Windows 10 computers that use a Wi-Fi network adapter have been having problems automatically connecting to our Wi-Fi networks with hidden SSIDs. We have many locations, none of which are broadcasting the SSID. All of the profiles are setup to
    automatically connect. In the network settings, when you view known networks, they are listed. But they will not connect unless you re-add them manually, creating duplicate entries. We cannot have our staff manually connecting to hidden networks every time
    they show up a location. For security reasons, we are not broadcasting our SSID and handing out our network passwords.

I brought back some of these computers to our test lab. I followed the steps provided by the Microsoft support forum, which said I need to uninstall the device in device manager and restart the computer. This did not resolve the issue.

Our lab has most of the SSIDs setup, but again they are hidden. The computers do not automatically connect to them. In fact the SSIDs are not showing up on the list of available networks, as they do in Windows 7. As soon as I start to broadcast the SSID,
    the computers start to connect. This only verifies that the profile and configurations are installed properly.

Has there been an update that may have caused this issue. This previously has not been an issue.

DougVillaire, Mar 8, 2021
  3. How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

Windows all the time keeps connecting to certain open wifi networks that I do not know and do not intend to connect to. I would like to configure that the wifi adapter never connects to networks with certain SSID (effectively making a list of banned SSID's).

Jindřich Vavruška, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

Wifi ssid dissapeares

Hi,

In that case, I would suggest you follow the below fixes one by one.

Fix #!

Step 1:

Open the Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2:

Click on Network and Internet.

Step 3:

Choose Wi-Fi from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.

Step 4:

Click on Manage known networks.

Step 5:

Highlight the name of the network you want to forget (Make sure to find and delete the old SSID)

Step 6

Click on Forget.

Step 7:

Restart PC

Fix #2

Step 1

Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.

Step 2

Expand the list below Network Adapters.

Step 3:

Right-click on your network adapter.

Step 4

Select Properties.

Step 5

Click on the Power Management tab.

Step 6

Unmark the checkbox next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

1. Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously - Similar Threads - Connecting SSIDs simultaneously

2. Print the same document to two printers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print the same document to two printers simultaneously: I have a Sharp printer with two paper trays. I have one Windows 10 computer that prints the same document to both trays simultaneously. It uses two configured printers called "Invoice" and "Plain". The configured port is set to: Port - 192.168.1.151; Description - Standard...
  3. Can't enable two ethernet adapters simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't enable two ethernet adapters simultaneously: Hello,I want to use two Ethernet adapters, two physical network cards simultaneously. On the picture below the Ethernet 3 adapter is a network card connected to my ISP.The Ethernet adapter displaying there is no cable connected although there is a cable is my second network...
  4. Connect to Two Wireless networks with one adapter simultaneously

Connect to Two Wireless networks with one adapter simultaneously: So we have a need to connect to two wireless networks with one adapter. Basically we have one network for communicating locally between devices that does not have internet access by design. We then have a separate network with Internet access. Normally in this situation...
  5. can you connect to two wifi networks simultaneously

can you connect to two wifi networks simultaneously: i would like to connect to two wifi networks network no. 1 has internet access, wifi no. 2 has my printer attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-connect-to-two-wifi-networks/d92afb07-b018-426d-a242-0bf88e199c32
  6. Simultaneously two microsoft accounts on two differenc notebooks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Simultaneously two microsoft accounts on two differenc notebooks: Hi, The situation is that I have just recieved my new notebook Asus GA502DU-AL5002. On my old one, I am logged in to my microsoft account, and the settings are synchronized. If I want to install windows 10 on the new notebook, can I use the same account simultaneously on...
  7. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors: Basically what I want to achieve is simple. I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which is my HDMI second monitor. At the same time, I want to run a game (Microsoft's Rise of Nations, for example) in full...
  8. Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN: Hey Guys, I've got an interesting question for you guys: I'd like to be able to place a computer inside a VPN protected network for me to access. This is easy and will be no problem. I would also like to remote desktop into this computer so that I can run specific software...
  9. Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously?

Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously?: Is it possible to use two host files simultaneously in C:\windows\System32\drivers\etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/is-it-possible-to-use-two-host-files/aa4c7c23-e491-41f3-9ca0-a11217a34aa8
  10. the two routers one ssid problem

the two routers one ssid problem: Today i was trying to configure my TV Smartbox (Horizon mediabox from Ziggo), which is also a router, to match the same SSID as my modem. To explain the situation: - I run a cable from the modem to the TV Smartbox router - Turned off DHCP on the TV Smartbox router -...