Windows 10: Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10.

Discus and support Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team! I just received my new custom built pc today. When I try to connect to wifi the pc freezes the restarts. I tried automatically updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShayRussell, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10.

Hi Team!

I just received my new custom built pc today.

When I try to connect to wifi the pc freezes the restarts.

I tried automatically updating the driver but it said it has the latest update already and still crashes the PC.

I disabled the device via device manager, used a different wifi adapter via usb and it connected to wifi fine with no issues, no crash.

I also tried via wifi hotspot via smartphone and that worked too.

device with the issue is : realtek 8821ce wireless lan 802.11ac pci-e

Any idea on how to fix?

I would rather use the new device on pc rather than my old wifi adapter.

Thanks for your help

:)

ShayRussell, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10.

1. Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10. - Similar Threads - Connecting Wifi device

2. My pc crashes trying to connect to wifi windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc crashes trying to connect to wifi windows 10: My pc crashes when I try to connect to my Orange-32D8 router and I have no idea why, I have my pc up to date, my hard drivers are up-to-date, the router works perfectly fine on phoneMy pc just freeze and gives me a blue-green with some Watch dogs error...
  3. My pc crashes trying to connect to wifi windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes trying to connect to wifi windows 10: My pc crashes when I try to connect to my Orange-32D8 router and I have no idea why, I have my pc up to date, my hard drivers are up-to-date, the router works perfectly fine on phoneMy pc just freeze and gives me a blue-green with some Watch dogs error...
  4. My pc crashes trying to connect to wifi windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC not connecting to WiFi or Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not connecting to WiFi or Bluetooth devices: Hi,We have had no issues with our PC until a recent router reset and now the PC will no longer connect to the WiFi and/or Bluetooth devices. The PC can find the WiFi but it will not connect. We have tried disabling and enabling the connection, we have removed and re-installed...
  6. PC not connecting to WiFi or Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not connecting to WiFi or Bluetooth devices: Hi,We have had no issues with our PC until a recent router reset and now the PC will no longer connect to the WiFi and/or Bluetooth devices. The PC can find the WiFi but it will not connect. We have tried disabling and enabling the connection, we have removed and re-installed...
  7. WiFi Connection In Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Connection In Windows 10 PC: It seems that my personal desk computer is not enabled with WIFI. As such while my WiFi Dongle is getting connected to my Smart Phone/Tablet/Smart TV it is not getting connected to my Windows 10 PC.What is the best solution to make my PC WiFi Enabled. Apart from WiFi USB...
  8. WINDOWS 10 PC IS NOT GETTING CONNECTED TO WIFI DEVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 PC IS NOT GETTING CONNECTED TO WIFI DEVICE: Sir While my WiFi DEVICE ALTHOUGH WORKING NORMALLY IN MY SMART PHONE,TABLET COMPUTER AND INTERNET ENABLED SMART TV the same IS NOT WORKING/GETTING CONNECTED IN MY Windows 10 .THIS DEVICE IS REQUIRED BY ME IN CASE OF BROAD BAND CONNECTION FAILURE.MOREOVER PERSONS IN...
  9. WiFi connection crash

WiFi connection crash: Everytime i connect to the wifi on my windows 10 laptop it freezes and crashes. Ive tried to update my drivers but cant find where it is, it doesn't show up on my drivers list and i have reset all settings but nothing works. The lapyop works fine when its disconnected but as...
  10. WiFi connection crash

WiFi connection crash: Everytime i connect to the wifi on my windows 10 laptop it freezes and crashes. Ive tried to update my drivers but cant find where it is, it doesn't show up on my drivers list and i have reset all settings but nothing works. The lapyop works fine when its disconnected but as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hangs when connected to wifi why