Windows 10: Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key

Discus and support Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason in the latest build 9926, I can no longer enter my WiFi key (which contains a long phrase with spaces in it). The keyboard doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mystere, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key

For some reason in the latest build 9926, I can no longer enter my WiFi key (which contains a long phrase with spaces in it). The keyboard doesn't allow entry of the space.. it just doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this issue?

It worked fine in the last build. Even trying to use WPS it won't work as the key it inserts seems to have the spaces removed automatically...

EDIT:

I found about 8 reports with a lot of Me Too's in the Windows Feedback app about this very problem, so it appears i'm not the only one.

:)

Mystere, Jan 25, 2015

2. E63 Home WiFi Connection

After searching through posts/forums for hours, the only way I can get my E63 to connect to my home wifi network (router is Linksys WRT54GS) is to change my router security settings to WEP instead of WPA. No matter what I tried (advanced settings, etc.)
    I could not get the WPA encryption key to be accepted - I would get "pre-shared key authentication required" or "invalid key". The WLAN wizard will accept my WEP key and allow me to access the wifi network. My laptop and iPod Touch had no problems with the
    WPA settings. Does this sound right?? Any ideas?? I would prefer to keep my network on the WPA security mode. Thanks in advance!

Mary_H---01, Jan 25, 2015
  3. pdab Win User
    WLAN issue in C6-00

Hi,

One reason I can think of when your phone is not able to get connected to your home wifi network is - your Wifi router could have MAC filter on. This means that devices whose MAC address is input (under section MAC filter) in your wifi router will get connected.
    This is another layer of wireless security so that it prevents unauthorised users (who have cracked your network key) to use your wifi network.

You may like to add the MAC address of your phone to your wifi router. For that, you need to first disable the MAC filter in the wifi router, connect your phone - if this works then you can see the MAC address of your phone which can then be added to your
    MAC filter before enabling it.

(to log in to your wifi router, http://192.168.1.1 , user name: <admin>)

The other reason - check if your wifi router has DHCP enabled. Else, it will accept only static IP address which has to be entered in the device. Best option is to make the wifi router DHCP enabled under LAN section (& have atleast 10 IP address range, which
    will help you connect wireless printers, Laptop, even desktops can be used over wireless with the use of wireless adaptors costing less than $20)

DHCP - enabled

start IP address: 192.168.1.10

end IP address: 192.168.1.20 (10 devices can be connected simultaenously)

subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Lease time out: 24 Hrs.

<save & reboot the wifi router>

Hope this helps!

4. drewski83 Win User

Simple fix for now would be to change WiFi phrase to non-spaced format.
    Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key [​IMG]

M$ is always late to the party.

drewski83, Jan 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key - Similar Threads - Connecting WiFi router

2. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  3. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  4. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  6. WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.: How do I get a Router to find a WiFi Adapter so that the WiFi adapter can pick up the Router WiFi signal ? The WiFi Router is useless as it needs to inherit a WiFi signal for it to work. I had Windows find the device once, but then I couldn't get it to find it again ?...
  7. Connecting to non-router wifi

Connecting to non-router wifi: Besides my wireless router, I have several other wifi "networks" in my home, that do not provide Internet service. For example, one of my endoscope cameras has such a network. When I disconnect from the router and connect to one of these, the "WLAN-Autoconfig" service part...
  8. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  9. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...
  10. Wifi-Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi-Router: Hi i'm 17 I don't know a lot about computers I got this Windows 10 desktop on Christmas, Yea won't lie about it. I have been having trouble with connection to games ever since I moved to the basement I did a speed test and my ping is 8, Download 36Mbps, and upload is...