Windows 10: Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE

Discus and support Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I own a Surface Pro 4. Since the day I purchased it I have been unable to update my TOMTOM GPS DEVICE plugged in to the USB port using wifi. The device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by staykoolmyman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE

I own a Surface Pro 4. Since the day I purchased it I have been unable to update my TOMTOM GPS DEVICE plugged in to the USB port using wifi. The device will initially "connect" but within seconds "disconnect". The situation is long standing but as far as I can tell, no satisfactory solution has been offered. I have been in conversation with TOMTOM who tell me it's a Microsoft issue to do with USB power settings. I have conversed with Microsoft who sheet the blame at TOMTOM. Meanwhile my maps are totally out of date!

PS. The Surface is running on mains power.

Can ANYONE HELP?

:)

staykoolmyman, Jul 10, 2019

2. Internal GPS and TomTom

I have just managed to do this myself.

Installed software called GPSD then installed TomTom 6.02.

Started up the GPSD it locked onto a signal within seconds, then started up TomTom (message stated no GPS device connected) go to prefrences and show GPS status, configure, choose 'other bluetooth GPS receiver' and select BiNPDA GPS from the menu and away you
    go...

willow09---01, Jul 10, 2019
  3. alpt---01 Win User
    Can't connect TomTom One XL gps to E65

Hi there.

I have a TomTom One XL and I tried pairing it with my Nokia E65. The pairing worked and I can use my phone functions with my TomTom, but I'm trying to do is use the gps functions on my E65 applications like Navigator. When I go on Navigator, it asks me which
    device is the GPS; I choose my TomTom, but it asks me to choose the device again and again. I feel like the TomTom doesn't allow the E65 to connect and stay connected to my phone unless it need the phone's functionalities.

Any way I can make it work ?

Thanks.

alpt---01, Jul 10, 2019
  4. simond3 Win User

Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE

N96 Packet data with Tomtom GPS device

I have the same issue with my N85 and TomTom 720.

The N96 is listed on the TomTom website now as compatible BTW, but the device (mine anyway) does not list it for some reason. Has the latest software.

simond3, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE

1. Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE - Similar Threads - Connecting TOMTOM GPS

2. TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC: I bought a new TomTom Go Essential 5" satnav with European maps. I have an Acer Aspire desktop pc. When I intially did the setup on the satnav it asked if I wanted to update maps, speed cameras, etc. I connected the satnav via USB to my pc to update through the TomTom Mydrive...
  3. TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

in Windows 10 Support
    TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC: I bought a new TomTom Go Essential 5" satnav with European maps. I have an Acer Aspire desktop pc. When I intially did the setup on the satnav it asked if I wanted to update maps, speed cameras, etc. I connected the satnav via USB to my pc to update through the TomTom Mydrive...
  4. gps device suddenly doesnt work

gps device suddenly doesnt work: Hello, I hava a gps device satlab sl300 that runs windows mobile os. It was working properly until the latest windows update. Now it appears as an unknown device windows ce.net 5.0 on device manager. It was communicating through Windows Mobile Device Center and now the app...
  5. GPS . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS . . .: Along4 with7 my text problem. I have a Dell Vostro 3583, laptop. Is, it possible to add GPS? Then, I assume, I could enter a city, anywhere. And watch7 th7e traffic moving4 around . . . Using GPS? If it can't be done? Oh7 well, h7ad to try. Th7anks for reading4 . . ....
  6. TomTom is no longer recognised

TomTom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized. * Original title: my tomtom is no longer recognised...
  7. my tomtom is no longer recognised

my tomtom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized....
  8. is there a app for tomtom my drive GPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a app for tomtom my drive GPS: looking for a app for my computer for Tomtom gps mydrive,does anyone know where to get it at.Thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-app-for-tomtom-my-drive-gps/378a03c3-120a-418b-9b48-096c7010b879
  9. TomTom MyDrive Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TomTom MyDrive Connect: When opening TomTom MyDrive Connect I get an error message 'No Internet connection'. Selecting a different Web address, it opens normally. I uninstalled TomTom MyDrive Connect and downloaded it again with the same results as mentioned. Any assistance to solve this...
  10. Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry)

Windows 10 and USB device problem (TomTom & BlackBerry): Hi all. I have a problem with two USB devices (BlackBerry Q10 and TomTom GO 5000) which previously worked with Windows 10 but have stopped working. Both use their own software and drivers and both appear as Network Adaptors in Device Manager when I connect them. Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tomtom not recognized windows 10