Windows 10: Connecting two computers mini network

Discus and support Connecting two computers mini network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Earlier this year I bought a new Windows 10 computer to replace my 4 year old windows 7. Almost all of my important info/data is on external HD I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mslacat2363, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Connecting two computers mini network

Earlier this year I bought a new Windows 10 computer to replace my 4 year old windows 7. Almost all of my important info/data is on external HD I use the computer hard drive almost exclusively for programs. I realized today that there actually is a couple folders of info on my old computer I need. I connected the computer through their Ethernet ports. Both computer also have wifi and blue tooth if needed. On my older I found the new computer in MS explorer but when I clicked on it a window came up "Enter Network Password" it then shows a box with my older computer name and an area to enter a password. I tried my both my older computer's and my new computer's password and all I get is "logon error". I have not set a password for my network and even if I had I tried the the password I would have used. Any thing I try give me a "login error" Despite being pretty darn sure of each computers password I did go back and verify each of them. I am not sure what password it is looking for , old computer, new computer, possibly wifi? or some network password. Does anyone know what password it is looking for and how find it or reset it? Or can some one someone point me to link of a simpler way to transfer a couple large files from one computer or another. My back up is to use one of my external drives as a big thumb drive. Thanks in advance.

:)

mslacat2363, Feb 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting two computers mini network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting two computers mini network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Connecting two computers mini network

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Connecting two computers mini network

1. Connecting two computers mini network - Similar Threads - Connecting computers mini

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network: I'm a database guy with a customer running a restaurant.Their POS software is hosted on one Windows 10 PC we'll call this the "POS PC" and there is another Windows 10 PC on the same network from which they want to perform reporting we'll call this the "Reporting PC."I have...
  6. Can't connect two computers on same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...
  7. Can't connect two computers on same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...
  8. Network two computers

Network two computers: How do I share files between two Windows 10 computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-two-computers/06745509-10ba-4ffd-9d36-4092d2e421d9
  9. How to connect two computers on a home network?

How to connect two computers on a home network?: I have a Win7 PC and a Win10 laptop. They are successfully connected to the same router (PC is wired, laptop is wifi). They are on the same Homegroup, which is set as a private network on both. File sharing is turned on for both in every way imaginable. However... The...
  10. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet: One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell) cannot access the HP. Under "Microsoft account, Your devices" both computers are shown. Drivers are updated. I have changed...