Windows 10: Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router.

Discus and support Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A desktop and a laptop both running Windows 10 show up as connected to my Jetpack router but I can't get them to comunicate with each other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryLester1, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router.

A desktop and a laptop both running Windows 10 show up as connected to my Jetpack router but I can't get them to comunicate with each other.

:)

JerryLester1, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Unable connect to WEP Security Router

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you get any error message when you try to connect to the network?
    • Are you able to connect to other devices using similar router?

Method 1: If you are able to connect to other devices using the same router, i suggest you to run the troubleshooters by following the steps below:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter
    by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections, click on
      Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: Also run the network adapter troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Network Adapter,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Update option.
    • Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Also check from the manufacturer’s website if you are using updated network adapter.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router.

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router. [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router.

1. Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router. - Similar Threads - Connecting computers running

2. Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...: First thing in the morning, the computer Acer Aspire A515-56 connects first time every time. However, if I restart or Shutdown & then switch back on my computer it usually refuses to connect to the internet WiFi connection. Network Troubleshooter doesn't find/fix anything,...
  3. Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...: First thing in the morning, the computer Acer Aspire A515-56 connects first time every time. However, if I restart or Shutdown & then switch back on my computer it usually refuses to connect to the internet WiFi connection. Network Troubleshooter doesn't find/fix anything,...
  4. Windows 10 - Restarting computer fails to connect to router. Other devices even other...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other: My configuration: Fios -> Linksys E2000 router wifi disabled ....1.1 ->3 ethernet connected computers + 1 connection to a second router: ->TPLink Archer C7 WiFi enabled router...
  6. Can I connect computers between two routers?

Can I connect computers between two routers?: Sorry in advance, I'm not a big networking guy. The best way to illustrate what I'm asking is to show it in this diagram: [ATTACH] I need to be able to establish file sharing on Windows from "Laptop" to "PC-1" and "PC-2". Laptop is running Windows 10 Pro, and both PCs have...
  7. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...
  8. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN: I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network...
  9. Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10.

Iwish to network two computers via ethernet each running on win 10.: I am trying to create a network between my two computers. Each machine is connected via ethernet cable to my router. I can ping from my primary computer and I get a positive response. But pinging from secondary to primary I do not have a connection. Its probably quite simple...
  10. Connecting With Other Computers in Local Network with Windows 10 Pro

Connecting With Other Computers in Local Network with Windows 10 Pro: How do I connecting with other computers in local Network in windows 10Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connecting-with-other-computers-in-local-network/cf596f46-bd3f-47db-b212-cf94b0a61bf4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connecting two pcs with each other router