Windows 10: Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

Discus and support Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm trying to set up a server pc in my roomwhich is far away from the router. One of the pcs in my room has a wireless adapter and the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EthanMorgan, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

So I'm trying to set up a server pc in my roomwhich is far away from the router. One of the pcs in my room has a wireless adapter and the other doesn't, so I try to share the network over an ethernet cable. The pcs are detecting each other, but giving "unidentified network" as the network name. I have hamachi installed, and am wondering if that's affecting anything. Both pcs are windows 10. one is 1909, and the other I'm in the process of updating it to 1909 but it's on 1809.

:)

EthanMorgan, Feb 26, 2020
  2. C3Parker Win User

Unidentified network (Ethernet connection)

Alright, so I just built my wife a new computer but it wont connect to the internet. My desktop is connected through the same router and I have tried to see if it is maybe a cable issue, but mine works with the cable that is in hers. I have tried tons
    of the command prompt fixes, tried putting in the IP and MAC manually. Nothing is working to fix it. I have built 7 computers and have never had this issue before with the network connection not working. I tried a factory reset, but when installing windows
    and there was the "Pick a network" it did not allow me to pick the network (its there, just wouldnt let me pick it) and it still says "Unidentified public network". When I run troubleshoot, it says "Ethernet does not have a valid IP address... Any ideas?

C3Parker, Feb 26, 2020
  3. wildvista Win User
    Windows 10 Limited network over Ethernet "Unidentified network"

Hey guys,

I tried that but it didn't work for me. I have HP Pavilion dm4-2070 64bit running on windows 10. I get "Unidentified Network" when I try to connect Ethernet cable. I tried driver from HP too but no joy. Any suggestions please ? Thank you so much in advance,

wildvista, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

Ethernet stuck on Unidentified Network

I have been stuck on this issue for two days. My Ethernet cable is plugged into a Devolo adapter which is connected to the modem downstairs. Two days ago my Ethernet has been saying Unidentified network and says that i have a invalid IP configuration as
    shown below.

AngelLewis1, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both...

1. Connecting two computers using an Ethernet cable and getting "unidentified network" on both... - Similar Threads - Connecting computers using

2. I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting Unidentified Network for my ethernet connection.: I've been trying to fix my internet cable connection on Windows 10. The problem started after I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB drive. I tried using a tool to find the problem with the internet cable, but it didn't work. It just showed the message "Ethernet doesn't have a...
  3. Unidentified network on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  4. Unidentified network on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network on ethernet: The other day I was on my computer when I lost internet connection to my computer but it was fine for everything else in my house I prior to this happening I did not touch anything to do with my Ethernet or anything that could just disable my internet. I use à TP-link AV600...
  5. Ethernet "unidentified network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet "unidentified network": Whenever I try to plug an ethernet cable into my pc, it always says it's an unidentified network. I've already tried restarting my router. Network troubleshooter doesn't help either. I'm not sure what to do from here....
  6. Unidentified Network - Ethernet

Unidentified Network - Ethernet: So.... a few weeks ago my network suddenly didn't work. It was written Unidentified Network - No Internet connection. I've tried everything but it didn't work, so I bought a network pci card in order to fix the problem, and it did. BUT a few weeks later my ssd died and I...
  7. Unable to connect Ethernet (Unidentified Network)

Unable to connect Ethernet (Unidentified Network): Hi I just bought a pair of power line home plug, after everything set up and done the configuration. my desktop keep showing Unidentified Network, i try to connect the cable to other desktop or laptop it working well, just not working on window 10. also i tried (flush...
  8. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...
  9. Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

Networking computers using Ethernet cable?: How do I connect one computer to another computer with an Ethernet cable to share files. I'm using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-computers-using-ethernet-cable/da12b04e-d590-474a-bb7a-92ab9abeac55
  10. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sharing file with lan but network unidentified

2. unidentified network when connecting two pcs