Windows 10: connecting two monitors

Discus and support connecting two monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Pc will not recognize 2nd monitor. What do I need to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherGrant4, Sep 30, 2019.

1. connecting two monitors

My Pc will not recognize 2nd monitor. What do I need to do?

:)

ChristopherGrant4, Sep 30, 2019

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 30, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 30, 2019
  4. connecting two monitors

3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

connecting two monitors

1. connecting two monitors - Similar Threads - connecting monitors

2. Cant connect my monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect my monitor to my laptop: After I restarted my laptop it says no signal on my 2nd monitor. When I try to change the project settings it just goes back to pc screen only. submitted by /u/darkname324 [link] [comments]...
  3. HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10: I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything in between...
  4. Scroll speed of mouse slows down to minimum when connecting to external monitor

Scroll speed of mouse slows down to minimum when connecting to external monitor: Hello, I recently purchased a Microsoft Wireless Mobile mouse 3500 and I have started to get a very annoying bug. My normal scroll speed is being completely slowed despite the options staying the same (I kept the default # of rows to skip and the system preference options...
  5. How does one connect a second monitor with WIN10

How does one connect a second monitor with WIN10: I want to use two displays at the same time. What is needed and how is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-connect-a-second-monitor-with-win10/e4495608-e299-42dc-bd2f-dfd030930f9a
  6. Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor

Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor: I have a HP Spectre x360. This laptop doesn't have a HDMI port. Instead I use a USB-C to HDMI/VGA adapter. No issues until the recent 1903 Feature Update. After this update, my laptop will not recognise the monitor that is connected. I have troubleshooted in the following...
  7. Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens

Trying to connect two monitors to my PC using HDMI split adapter. Not detecting both screens: Please help. I'm using the adapter with both HDMI cord from each monitor. However its only showing two displays. My computer and one of my monitors. IDK if its because of the split adapter but I need help....
  8. Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor connects/disconnects randomly in Windows 10: Hello, My monitor (Samsung C27HG70) randomly loses signal and reconnects back again - the displayport connection appears in the left corner, specific to this monitor. This behaviour happens only after waking up the computer from sleep, but not all the time, and it...
  9. Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Trying to connect wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 Desktop: Hi, I've been trying to connect my wired VGA monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I cannot find anywhere in the settings to set up a wired display. Only wireless. Are you able to only connect to wireless displays? Or am I wrong? Please help. Thanks! :0 140918
  10. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...