Windows 10: connecting two monitors

Discus and support connecting two monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Pc will not recognize 2nd monitor. What do I need to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherGrant4, Sep 30, 2019.

1. connecting two monitors

My Pc will not recognize 2nd monitor. What do I need to do?

:)

ChristopherGrant4, Sep 30, 2019

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 30, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 30, 2019
  4. connecting two monitors

3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

connecting two monitors

1. connecting two monitors - Similar Threads - connecting monitors

2. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  3. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  4. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  5. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  6. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  8. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  9. Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?: I have a LG 28TQ515S with native resolution 1366x768, and i have it connected to my Laptop Asus Vivobook on Windows 11 23H2. I have tried the connection via a Dock and also directly via HDMI but i get the same result: bad grainy resolution on the LG monitor. These are the...
  10. Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?

Bad resolution when i connect my laptop to a 1366x768 LG monitor why?: I have a LG 28TQ515S with native resolution 1366x768, and i have it connected to my Laptop Asus Vivobook on Windows 11 23H2. I have tried the connection via a Dock and also directly via HDMI but i get the same result: bad grainy resolution on the LG monitor. These are the...