Windows 10: Connecting two Win10 computers

Discus and support Connecting two Win10 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to enable file sharing between 2 Win 10 computers on my Wi-Fi network. There sees to be a serious bug with this function. I am disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WendyMars56, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Connecting two Win10 computers

I need to enable file sharing between 2 Win 10 computers on my Wi-Fi network. There sees to be a serious bug with this function. I am disabled paralyzed on left side and stuck in a wheelchair for life. Moving between computers is time consuming and a hardship.

A little background information. My old desktop smoked literally power supply I assume about a month ago, scaring the **** out of my luddite room mate, who was convinced the house was about to burn down. It was running Win 7. I had had no trouble setting up file sharing in Win 7. My troubles started when I installed Win 10 on my old Dell E6400 laptop that is barely compatible with Win 10. I had finally saved enough for a new netbook, a Dell E7250, that has USB 3 and a largish SSD hard drive. I moved the ancient laptop to replace the desktop. My HP CP1025nw had become intermittet over time, it had a network feature that sidestepped the printer sharing issue good thing too. I had enough money saved to replace it with a new network printer, again sidestepping the printer sharing issue very convenient that.

I dinked around the problem enough that I realized I had to get both computers on the same account, and have done so. I am very leery about posting the two current email addresses currently linked to my M$ accounts.

He stroke that has put me into this life fix, damaged my income and to a degree my intellect. The latter seems to have been overcome to a degree. Enough I do not think I will fall for most of the scammer tricks out there.

Like many people I am sheltering in place in Dallas, TX. Being on the wrong side of 65 years old I am taking this virus very seriously. Gives me lots of time to work on the issue however

More technical information:

The ancient computer is designated LAPPIE, the new to me is WENDY.

With all my messing around I have created what? links? in the network area I can not seem to erase, a future discussion that. Both computers will have similar setups since I want full access to each of their drives including the RW DVD drive in LAPPIE.

I have unchecked the credential and password option on both machines.

I am hoping I can include screen shots in this forum software for clarity. A large part of my education is the technical terms used within the Win10 environment.

:)

WendyMars56, Mar 24, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connecting two Win10 computers [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connecting two Win10 computers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Lost all mappings to the Newly upgraded (Win7 to Win10) computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you connected the computer to domain network?
    • Are you using home group for all the computers?
    If you are using home group connections to the computer, as an initial step
    I suggest you to run the Home group Troubleshooter and check if these helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows+X” and select
      ‘Control Panel’
    • In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click
      ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Homegroup'.‌
    • And follow the “Onscreen” instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Connecting two Win10 computers

Unable to connect to computer from Tablet but OK the other way

I have this new problem I discovered today. I wanted to transfer a file from my computer #4 to my Windows tablet. Although the tablet lists Computer #4 under Network , it can't connect to it . Error code in details is 0X80070035 . What I find strange is that my other computers #2 and #3 have no problem connecting to #4 , just the tablet. It used to connect previously.

However I have no problem connecting from my computer #4 to my tablet . So I temporarily side step the issue by copying the target file to my tablet using computer#4 instead of using the Tablet.

Why can't Tablet connect to Computer #4 but OK the other way ?

BTW Computer #4 and the tablet are recently upgraded to WIN10 , the other computers still on Win7 but I dont think this matters.

Please advise how to tackle this problem . Thanks

sportflyer, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Connecting two Win10 computers

1. Connecting two Win10 computers - Similar Threads - Connecting Win10 computers

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. Getting two computers to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting two computers to connect: two windows 11 computers on a Verizon router. desktop and laptop. Laptop see the desktop in the folders under Networks. Keeps asking for Windows Network Credentials when there are none.The Desktop does not see the Laptop under the Network. All setting on both computers are...
  4. Getting two computers to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting two computers to connect: two windows 11 computers on a Verizon router. desktop and laptop. Laptop see the desktop in the folders under Networks. Keeps asking for Windows Network Credentials when there are none.The Desktop does not see the Laptop under the Network. All setting on both computers are...
  5. Widows 10 connection with two computers

Widows 10 connection with two computers: How do I connect my laptop and desktop together? I want to be able to view files on either computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10-connection-with-two-computers/bf8fb1f4-96d4-4cd4-96dd-79112c544085
  6. Connecting two computers mini network

Connecting two computers mini network: Earlier this year I bought a new Windows 10 computer to replace my 4 year old windows 7. Almost all of my important info/data is on external HD I use the computer hard drive almost exclusively for programs. I realized today that there actually is a couple folders of info on...
  7. Connect two computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect two computers: How do I connect two nearby computers both using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-two-computers/5de7f3d8-0190-43b6-981a-15787de1432c"
  8. Bluetooth not connecting between two computers.

Bluetooth not connecting between two computers.: I have a desktop and a laptop. Desktop connected to cable (ISP) and laptop to a router. I am attempting to use Windows 10 nearby sharing function. I see both pc's on my network. Nearby sharing turned on, both devices. Bluetooth turned on, both devices. I selected a file...
  9. How do I connect two computers?

How do I connect two computers?: I have two computers with Windows 10, I believe. How can I access computer 1 with computer 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-two-computers/77880b3c-37f1-4cb4-af1f-e4cfd6416f8a
  10. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...