Windows 10: Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

Discus and support Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am try to connect two Windows 10/64 workstations via a Crossover Cable to share files. On system 1, I have set IPv4 IP to 192.168.0.1 with subnet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ninebarks1, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

I am try to connect two Windows 10/64 workstations via a Crossover Cable to share files.

On system 1, I have set IPv4 IP to 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

I keep trying to set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the Preferred DNS server to 192.168.0.1.

However, the Default Gateway keeps resetting to 0.0.0.0. I have stopped Bonjour Services, etc., but nothing seems to help.

On system 2, I have set IPv4 to 192.168.0.2 and everything else as above. The Default Gateway and DNS server stay set at 192.167.0.1. Note, the second system has two separate Ethernet cards. The other is connected to the Internet via Cat6 cable to the Router. The ISP is Spectrum.

Not only do the two systems not see each other if I try to transfer files, when I try to "ping" them neither sees the other.

Any advice? At this point this may be more of an intellectual exercise than a working problem, as before acquiring the Crossover Cable I simply placed both on the local network and used "remote desktop." with no problems. Slower than the Crossover is supposed to be, but it did work.

:)

Ninebarks1, Jul 16, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Crossover cable

That won't work if you directly connect two computers, the data still won't get through without a crossover cable.

newtekie1, Jul 16, 2019
  3. How to turn off a desktop from a laptop using crossover cable?

******Thanks for your reply but this is not going to be very helpful as it does not contain the main part which is - how to turn the desktop off when it is connected to the laptop using a crossover cable ?

Roger Cyan, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Erdeslawe Win User

Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

How to turn off a desktop from a laptop using crossover cable?

Here's one Guide on how to connect two computers using a crossover cable:

Connect Two Computers using a Crossover Cable

but both computers do have to be fully functional to achieve this.

Erdeslawe, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

1. Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable - Similar Threads - Connecting Computers Crossover

2. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  3. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  4. Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box: Our two computers just received a Microsoft update and since the update I cannot connect my two computers through our cable network box. This has worked for the whole year until just now. My computers cannot recognize the other computer that is connected anymore but both...
  5. Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?

Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) Hi Everyone! I've worked on this problem for over two weeks now and applied every possible "fix" I could find. I'm attempting to transfer things from my old laptop to my new laptop by direct connecting with Crossover cable....
  6. Connect two computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect two computers: How do I connect two nearby computers both using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-two-computers/5de7f3d8-0190-43b6-981a-15787de1432c"
  7. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable: I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs 2. If logs made for ethernet connected...
  8. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable: I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs 2. If logs made for ethernet connected...
  9. crossover cables / adapters

crossover cables / adapters: crossover cables and adapters Never having used these before I have a few questions. Will they work with win 10 /7/ ubuntu or suse /mac 10.5 (power pc) How does the other computer show up in say file explorer?( On both) Is there any adjustments to be made in the OS? Is the...
  10. Connect two computers with ethernet cable

Connect two computers with ethernet cable: I am trying to transfer files between two Windows 10 laptops using an ethernet cable to network them. I have a new crossover ethernet cable, which I attached to both computers. Both now show Ethernet Network 2, but they are not talking to each other. I followed the...