Windows 10: Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

Discus and support Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoamingGnome, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to stop working - unplug the flash drive and the mouse/keyboard works again... any ideas or suggestions ?

:)

RoamingGnome, Jan 14, 2020
  2. das10 Win User

USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

Is your mouse wireless ? If so, does the issue also occur if you use a wired mouse ?

In case you are using a wireless mouse, inserting flash drives might be causing some kind of interference with the mouse signal; if possible try using a USB extension cable to keep the mouse transmitter as far away from the PC as possible. The following links describe signal interference when using USB 3 hard drives or flash drives (see the pdf in the second link) :

USB 3.0 Hard Drives Can Cause Wi-Fi Interference The Mac Observer
    USB 3.0* Radio Frequency Interference on 2.4 GHz Devices

Or, as nIGHTmAYOR said, it might be some other issue.

das10, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Wireless Mouse connects as a keyboard

Hi there.

I've tried doing all of these steps, and it still doesn't work. I can see the device in 'Connected devices' in 'Settings'. It is listed as 'Microsoft Nano Tranceiver' but has a keyboard icon next to it. the mouse is a Microsoft Mouse 1850. This also occurs
    with other wireless mice I have tried, and they connect but all have the keyboard icon next to them.

Thanks,

Jordyn

JordynCoxhead, Jan 14, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

Keyboard and Mouse freezing

Similar thing happened to m RAT 9, it had a corrupted profile in the firmware, caused everything to freeze every 10 seconds or so, so I replaced the mouse. It didn't cause my keyboard to stop working though.

RCoon, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

1. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze - Similar Threads - Connecting USB flash

2. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  3. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  4. Wireless keyboard and mouse connection hiccups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless keyboard and mouse connection hiccups: I am having connectivity issues with my wireless keyboard and mouse. They seem to work fine for the most part but every minute or so, the connection is lost for a second or two. If I am moving the mouse around the cursor freezes, and then jumps ahead to where t would have...
  5. Wireless keyboard and mouse connection hiccups

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard and mouse connection hiccups: I am having connectivity issues with my wireless keyboard and mouse. They seem to work fine for the most part but every minute or so, the connection is lost for a second or two. If I am moving the mouse around the cursor freezes, and then jumps ahead to where t would have...
  6. Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected: [ATTACH]In this post, we will describe possible solutions for the problem in which the keyboard and mouse stop working when a USB Flash Drive is connected. According to the feedback of affected users, their USB devices like keyboards, mice, etc., work fine until they connect...
  7. My PC keeps detecting USB flash drive as a wireless mouse.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC keeps detecting USB flash drive as a wireless mouse.: I did uninstall and then installed back the USB drivers doesn’t fix it. Pls help... submitted by /u/_-CedoNulli-_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl13kk/my_pc_keeps_detecting_usb_flash_drive_as_a/
  8. USB drive of wireless mouse and keyboard is broken, but keyboard and mouse are not. How can...

USB drive of wireless mouse and keyboard is broken, but keyboard and mouse are not. How can...: I have a Microsoft keyboard and mouse that both work with the same USB drive, except the USB drive is broken as shown on the picture below. However, both the keyboard and mouse are intact. Is there a way I can get the USB drive replaced or fixed without purchasing another...
  9. USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing: A few months ago, i posted on here about my mouse being all laggy and slow. Well, just now, I found out why. I inserted a flash drive and it started again. I took out the flash drive and it all stopped. I just it with all the flash drives I have. I have about 20. . I used...
  10. USB keyboard and mouse freeze!

USB keyboard and mouse freeze!: Hello I have been using Windows 10 64bit os running PC for quite some time now but in the past two months I've been getting a problem of my USB keyboard and mouse frozen(the keyboard capslock and others don't change on pressing) and mouse gets stuck within half an hour of...