Windows 10: Connecting USB to Router to share file's

Discus and support Connecting USB to Router to share file's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to occasionally share file's like TV shows on my home network . I don't need a Nas as I do this very infrequently. My router does NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bartjunited, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Connecting USB to Router to share file's

I would like to occasionally share file's like TV shows on my home network .

I don't need a Nas as I do this very infrequently.

My router does NOT have a USB port.

Is it possible to connect a USB to my router using a USB to Ethernet adapter and then see those files on my network?

TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

usb broadban to router

routers that come with USB, are USB outputs, not inputs.

You can either use a PC with internet connection sharing to share the broadband, or you can buy a mobile broadband router, probably from your ISP.

Mussels, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Thox88 Win User
    Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

First, here is my connection:
    I have 2 routers.
    The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP 192.168.1.1.
    The 2nd one is in AP Mode, DHCP disabled. The IP is 192.168.1.150.

Now, I have 3 PCs. 1 PC connected to the 1st router, 2 PCs connected to 2nd router.
    The problem is, PC which connected to the 1st router can see the USB.
    But PCs which connected to the 2nd router can't see the USB.

These 3 PC can connect to each other and share files/printer seamlessly. The problem is, 2 PC which connected to the 2nd Router can't see the USB in 1st router. While PC which connected to the 1st router can see the USB.

I tried with my android phone and it can see 3 PC and that USB no matter which router my android connected to.

Is this Win10 problem? I ran Win 10 64-Bit in these 3 PC.
    Or is there any setting in router/PC to make this USB seen in all PCs regardless which router it connected.

Thox88, Jan 24, 2020
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

Connecting USB to Router to share file's

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Connecting USB to Router to share file's [​IMG]

Thema:

Connecting USB to Router to share file's

1. Connecting USB to Router to share file's - Similar Threads - Connecting USB Router

2. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  3. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  4. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot delete file on USB HDD connected to router

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete file on USB HDD connected to router: Windows 10, Ver 20H2 I have a HDD used for backup purposes connected to my Asus RT-N66U router. There are a few files/folders which I want to delete but I "...need permission to perform this action." Apparently, I "...require permission from RT-N66U-5088\admin to make...
  6. Connecting to the Router

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to the Router: A recent Windows Update July 2020 has left my laptop automatically connecting to the Internet via the router even at start-up, and even though the option to "Connect Automatically" is in the off position / has not been selected. Sometimes, if I do a "Restart", the machine...
  7. Connecting to a shared drive attached to my router.

Connecting to a shared drive attached to my router.: I recently found the need to "reset" Windows 10 after several years of operation. In doing so I lost the connection to a backup drive connected to my router. When I attempt to access the router directly I'm told that I have no internet access, which is not the case, nor can...
  8. USB TETHERING THROUGH THIRD PARTY APP AND SHARING THE CONNECTION TO ETHERNET PORT AND ROUTER.

USB TETHERING THROUGH THIRD PARTY APP AND SHARING THE CONNECTION TO ETHERNET PORT AND ROUTER.: USING PDANET+ TO USB TETHER ANDRIOD DEVICE AND SHARE NETWORK WITHIN WINDOWS 10 TO ETHERNET AND HOOK UP TO ROUTER TO USE AS A HOME NETWORK. CAN NOT GET INTERNET TO THE ROUTER. HAVE HEARD SO MANY DIFF THINGS TO MAKE IT WORK. ANY HELP PLEASE!!...
  9. Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router: First, here is my connection: I have 2 routers. The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP 192.168.1.1. The 2nd one is in AP Mode, DHCP disabled. The IP is 192.168.1.150. Now, I have 3 PCs. 1 PC connected to the...
  10. usb on router

usb on router: hi need help - up to last version of windows 10 (14905) , windows recognized a hard drive (usb) attached to my router with the latest version , windows refuses to recognize the router , even though i am connected t the router. I have a netgear r7000 with a usb hard drive....