Windows 10: connecting WIFI repeater

Discus and support connecting WIFI repeater in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does any know how to connect a WIFI repeater? They are suppose to extend your WIFI range in your home. I keep getting the message that there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LindaBailey2, Oct 25, 2019.

1. connecting WIFI repeater

Does any know how to connect a WIFI repeater? They are suppose to extend your WIFI range in your home. I keep getting the message that there is conflicting IP addresses. They both have the same address. How does one change the IP address on the repeater?

:)

LindaBailey2, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Leveller Win User

Setting up a wifi repeater woes - all advice appreciated!

First off, setting up a wifi repeater is one of the most ridiculously painful experiences I have ever had with tech hardware.

The needs:

... to be able to repeat the wifi output of my Netgear DG834N v1 ADSL/router to the upper floor of my house through the Edimax wireless 300M Range Extender (EW-7416APn v2). To enable my iPad2, 3DS, laptop and anything else that roams to maintain connection and not suffer dropouts.

The questions:

1. How do I know that the roaming devices are using the repeated signal from the Edimax extender and not just grasping on to the weak signal from the DG834N downstairs?

2. Some advice on the net suggest the router and the extender share the same SSID, which seems logical. However some suggest that the router and extender need to be on different SSIDs - but if this were the case surely the devices would only connect to the same SSID and ignore the other SSID?

3. If they use different SSIDs will the devices automatically pick the strongest signal and switch to whichever SSID that is?

4. Some advice suggests using the same channel number for both router and extender, which seems logical. Some advice suggests using different channel numbers for the router and extender - if using the same channel number, does this create too much data and make the connection worse?

5. If using different channel numbers, will the roaming devices automatically choose the right channel number based on connection strength?

6. While using the program WirelessMon I can see both the router and extender and their respective signal strengths, channel numbers and SSIDs - but there is no way of telling if the repeater is in fact repeating the routers signal - is there any software that will show that?

7. Is there any one trusted source for setting up a wifi repeater?

8. Will my hair grow back?

Leveller, Oct 25, 2019
  3. bencrutz Win User
    Setting up a wifi repeater woes - all advice appreciated!

1. you won't know. devices will choose the strongest signal automatically

2. if you are covering mobile devices (gadgets, laptops - moving location) it would be better of to use the same channel & SSID.

3. nope, AFAIK, that's not how it works.

4. i suggest u use the same channel & SSID. it won't make the connection any worse.

5. nope.

6. easy. your router connects to internet. if you get an internet connection from upstair, it means your repeater/extender is working properly

7. IDK, i believe i'm far far away from your location, so i can't tell

8. not likely.

bencrutz, Oct 25, 2019
  4. irac511 Win User

connecting WIFI repeater

wifi repeater connection problem

ok let me start off with this problem i installed a wavlink repeater in my house every computer in the house sees it and can connect to it but one laptop does not connect it sees it and i enter the password for it and it trys to connect but then says wont connect can some one lead me in the right path to figuring out this problem running windows 10 home i can connect to the wifi router but not the repeater its driving me crazy

irac511, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

connecting WIFI repeater

1. connecting WIFI repeater - Similar Threads - connecting WIFI repeater

2. Wifi is trash without wifi repeater

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is trash without wifi repeater: Usually my wifi was good without the repeater. Once we got the repeater it improved. But now a days when the repeater disconnects my wifi on my pc is completly trash. Instead of a ping of 13 i have a base ping of 50-80 And my ping spikes to 1.4k every 10 seconds. *** In das...
  3. wifi repeater

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    wifi repeater: Hallo i have a wireless-N wifi repeater and i plug it in but my computer does not read it ,what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-repeater/9eb29236-06e9-48c9-ab03-289b5f8f2e9f
  4. Ethernet connection on and off with wifi repeater

Ethernet connection on and off with wifi repeater: Hello, this forum is my last hope. In order to work from home I want to connect the work PC upstairs with a wifi repeater Wireless-N Wifi Repeater. I get internet signal, however it is intermittent and it does not last more than 20 seconds. The network adapter LED also...
  5. Wifi Repeatedly "Disconnecting"?

Wifi Repeatedly "Disconnecting"?: So in the past couple of months,my computerhas been giving me the run around with my wifi. No matter what dongle I use, no matter what port it is in, it just seems to randomly drop out. But not like, it just suddenly goes to "no internet" or whatever, Windows actually makes...
  6. MSI wifi repeatedly disconnects

MSI wifi repeatedly disconnects: Since I got my MSI GP65 Leopard, I've had constant issues with it disconnecting from the wifi every 5-10 minutes. It won't reconnect on its own for another 5 minutes like clockwork. I've restarted the router multiple times, uninstalled the net driver and installed the latest...
  7. WIFI repeater?

WIFI repeater?: how do you know if you are well connected to your browser with your WIFI repeater? and do you have another name with your browser? like…._ext? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-repeater/7a1db641-c0d5-48a3-89db-b515730f1087
  8. repeatable Ethernet death when shutting down with WiFi connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    repeatable Ethernet death when shutting down with WiFi connected: without fail, when i am connected to a WiFi AP away from the home office, whether ethernet is connected as well or not\*, when the computer comes back up, Ethernet flat out does not work properly for any application DESPITE being able to ping out to the network (LAN or WAN)....
  9. wifi repeater connection problem

wifi repeater connection problem: ok let me start off with this problem i installed a wavlink repeater in my house every computer in the house sees it and can connect to it but one laptop does not connect it sees it and i enter the password for it and it trys to connect but then says wont connect can some one...
  10. Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet

Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet: I own a Wi-Fi repeater to which other smartphones and my wife's MacBook can connect to and have internet access. But on my Pixel 2, while I can connect to repeater wifi network I get the warning "connected, no internet access". Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks In...