Windows 10: Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network

Discus and support Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I need your help in finding out how to connect non domain joined machine (Windows 10 version 1903) to Enterprise wireless 802.1X using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Glork78, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Glork78 Win User

Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network

Hi all,

I need your help in finding out how to connect non domain joined machine (Windows 10 version 1903) to Enterprise wireless 802.1X using a Network Policy server (Windows server 2016) and if possible AAD. Here a short description of our environment:

Client Machine: Windows 10 version 1903, users authenticate to Azure Active Directory and enrolled Intune.

Domain joined: No

Wireless network: WPA2-Enterprise, EAP

Authentication: 802.1X using a netwok policy server (on-premise).

We would like to enroll these devices for certificates and authenticate them to an 802.1X infrastructure using a NPS. I am guessing we will need to deploy certificate to these machine using NDES server.

Hope this is clear, I am network guys don't have too much knowlodge on system stuff.

Best regards,

Eric,

:)

Glork78, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Glork78 Win User

Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network

Hi all,

I need your help in finding out how to connect non domain joined machine (Windows 10 version 1903) to Enterprise wireless 802.1X using a Network Policy server (Windows server 2016) and if possible AAD. Here a short description of our environment:

Client Machine: Windows 10 version 1903, users authenticate to Azure Active Directory and enrolled Intune.

Domain joined: No

Wireless network: WPA2-Enterprise, EAP

Authentication: 802.1X using a netwok policy server (on-premise).

We would like to enroll these devices for certificates and authenticate them to an 802.1X infrastructure using a NPS. I am guessing we will need to deploy certificate to these machine using NDES server.

Hope this is clear, I am network guys don't have too much knowlodge on system stuff.

Best regards,

Eric,

Glork78, Sep 29, 2019
  3. How to reserve Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC (but perhaps fomerly domain joined)

My reservation icon for Windows 10 has not appeared. After ensuring i have all outstanding Windows updates, and run the script that runs scheduled tasks, the icon still doesn't appear.

Then there was the hint from
    KB3081048
    :

> The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1

>

> If your device is has been connected to a domain it may be blocked from the upgrade reservation.

It is entirely possible that for 2 or 3 minutes two or three years ago, my machine
    was joined to a domain.

• What registry key is the upgrade advisor mistakenly using to determine if a machine is joined to a domain?
    • How do i check if a machine was previously joined to a domain?
    • How do i unjoin a non-domain joined machine from a domain?
    • How do reserve a copy of Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC?
    Bonus Chatter: It's a Surface Pro 3

I tried using the
    Media Creation Tool
    , but it fails with a non-descript error:

Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network 549f72f5-5525-4ed5-a711-ffddd0f6a157.png

How do i upgrade to Windows 10 now that it is released?

JackTripper, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network

Non-domain win 10 computer to domain network

Hi.
    I have a non-domain computer (win 10 basic).
    Can it connect to a Aerohive wireless domain network?
    Any links to a tutorial on the net?

Thanks... Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network :)

norway2016, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Connecting windows 10 machine (non domain joined) to an Enterprise wireless 802.1x network - Similar Threads - Connecting machine non

2. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  3. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  4. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine: I'm trying to use PowerShell to set group policy on a number of non domain joined PCs running Windows 10 Professional.I have installed RSAT: Group Policy Management Tools but when using the get-GPO cmdlet the following error occurs:get-GPO : Current security context is not...
  6. Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine: I'm trying to use PowerShell to set group policy on a number of non domain joined PCs running Windows 10 Professional.I have installed RSAT: Group Policy Management Tools but when using the get-GPO cmdlet the following error occurs:get-GPO : Current security context is not...
  7. Group policy using powershell on a non domain joined machine

8. Always On VPN non join domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always On VPN non join domain: Hello,So I deploy a Always on VPN on Windows Server 2019.I follow guidance from this YouTube videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-thDAfuBM&t=2027sBasically I'm deploying 3 windows server RAS, NPS, and AD with CA and all of this server is join domain.I setting the VPN to...
  9. Always On VPN non join domain

Always On VPN non join domain: Hello,So I deploy a Always on VPN on Windows Server 2019.I follow guidance from this YouTube videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-thDAfuBM&t=2027sBasically I'm deploying 3 windows server RAS, NPS, and AD with CA and all of this server is join domain.I setting the VPN to...
  10. Remotely manage Windows 10 domain joined machine connected to VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely manage Windows 10 domain joined machine connected to VPN: Hello, Can Windows 10 domain joined machine connected to VPN be remotely managed via RDP by IT/Network administrators located at internal corporate network just like DirectAccess? Please answer specifically with reference article....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to domain windows 10 enterprise 1903