Windows 10: Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

Discus and support Connecting xbox controller wired to pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen another thread with this issue and am having the same thing. I connect with a cable to my pc but it only vibrates for a sec and doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oldawesome123, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

I have seen another thread with this issue and am having the same thing. I connect with a cable to my pc but it only vibrates for a sec and doesn't turn on. I know the usb cable and port works because I have tested it. I have checked in device manager and went to show hidden devices and found an unknown attempt or something. I uninstalled those and restarted my pc and tried to try again. It still didn't work. Can someone help?

:)

Oldawesome123, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

Controller Connecting to PC issues!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you referring to Xbox controller?

• Do you get any error message while connecting the controller to the PC?

• What is the make and model of the Controller?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Type "Troubleshooting"
    in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".

2. Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".

3. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

4. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

if you are using an Xbox controller,I suggest you to follow the article below
    and check f it helps:

Set up your Xbox 360 controller for Windows:

Xbox Support

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

1. Connecting xbox controller wired to pc - Similar Threads - Connecting xbox controller

2. Trying to use Xbox elite controller through wired connection to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to use Xbox elite controller through wired connection to pc: Can you help me because my Xbox elite controller won’t work on my pc it used to just fine. It is receiving power through the usb cause I feel it vibrate but the home button won’t turn solid and the controller doesn’t work. I’m using usbc and I tried Bluetooth but it was...
  3. Trying to use Xbox elite controller through wired connection to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to use Xbox elite controller through wired connection to pc: Can you help me because my Xbox elite controller won’t work on my pc it used to just fine. It is receiving power through the usb cause I feel it vibrate but the home button won’t turn solid and the controller doesn’t work. I’m using usbc and I tried Bluetooth but it was...
  4. xbox controller no longer connects to pc wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox controller no longer connects to pc wired: my xbox controller is no longer connecting to my pc when i check device manager there is no sign of the controller driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-no-longer-connects-to-pc-wired/20d9e5ed-baa3-4a6c-99f6-5c32f435b101
  5. xbox controller no longer connects to pc wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox controller no longer connects to pc wired: my xbox controller is no longer connecting to my pc when i check device manager there is no sign of the controller driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-no-longer-connects-to-pc-wired/20d9e5ed-baa3-4a6c-99f6-5c32f435b101
  6. xbox controller no longer connects to pc wired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wired Xbox One controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Xbox One controller not connecting to PC: I do not know what to do at this point. I have done numerous checks in Device Manager and the Xbox Peripherals tab does not show up. I have manually downloaded the drivers and they still have not shown up. I have done a Windows Update and still nothing. I have installed Xbox...
  8. Xbox 1 controller not connecting wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 1 controller not connecting wired: Please help i need help connecting my Xbox controller to my PC as it wont connect even with a wire and I don't know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-1-controller-not-connecting-wired/9239c29c-8128-4af7-a9ec-a73fa3d04824
  9. Xbox one controller wired on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller wired on PC: Hi, So i connect my xbox one controller to my pc without a problem, plug and play. I use it on steam to play some games and for some reason whenever i hold the controller to 'flat' position it shuts itself off. When I hold the controller vertically in my hand i can play...
  10. No xbox one controller/wire combo is connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No xbox one controller/wire combo is connecting to PC: I have tried different usb ports, different wires, and different controllers and none of them will connect. I tried restarting the PC and I downloaded the "Xbox accessories" app and nothing is fixing it. Out of options here. submitted by /u/ShuFu12 [link] [comments]...