Windows 10: Connection dropping

Discus and support Connection dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my issue is quite simple: my PC simply loses connection for a couple of seconds, the Ethernet icon on the bottom right gets a red "x", then a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlessioBertoldi, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Connection dropping

Hello,

my issue is quite simple:

my PC simply loses connection for a couple of seconds, the Ethernet icon on the bottom right gets a red "x", then a yellow "!" sign and then it goes back to normal, this whole process takes about 10 seconds. I know it's now the modem/router because other devices such as my laptop and phone, as well as other peoples laptop and phones on the same WiFi don't have this issue.

Here are my specs:

Intel i7 2600k

Nvidia GTX 680

AsRock Z77 Pro3

Windows 10 64 Bit

:)

AlessioBertoldi, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 20, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Connection dropping [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2018
  4. ps957 Win User

Connection dropping

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Connection dropping

1. Connection dropping - Similar Threads - Connection dropping

2. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  3. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  4. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so: Its really bothering me, I have gone through old support posts and still cannot find help. I am plugged directly into my router, it is provided by Rogers XB7-CM and the internet speed here is suppose to be really good, but I disconnect often. I thought it could be my ethernet...
  6. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so: Its really bothering me, I have gone through old support posts and still cannot find help. I am plugged directly into my router, it is provided by Rogers XB7-CM and the internet speed here is suppose to be really good, but I disconnect often. I thought it could be my ethernet...
  7. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  9. WiFi connection keeps dropping

WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones connected but sound drops out almost immediately or after certain seconds

Bluetooth Headphones connected but sound drops out almost immediately or after certain seconds: Hello,I've recently installed updates in windows 11 and my Bluetooth headphones have stopped working properly, it was working fine before. I have no issues pairing and connecting my headphones through Bluetooth settings show that voice and audio is connected. But once I play...