Windows 10: Connection error 720 broadband network

Discus and support Connection error 720 broadband network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening/morning, I am trying to connect the broadband network (via settings<dial-up<new connection After putting all the relevant information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheAshenRaider, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Connection error 720 broadband network

Good evening/morning,

I am trying to connect the broadband network (via settings<dial-up<new connection

After putting all the relevant information and hitting enter, I get an error 720 saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection."

Can you please assist me in fixing this issue?

:)

TheAshenRaider, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Data trough 4G mobile broadband connection blocked when ethernet connected

Hi Robert,

It appears that Windows is managing your connection. It only allows you to connect to your mobile broadband connection if you're not connected to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. To work around this behavior, I suggest disabling this feature to allow
    you to manually connect to your cellular or mobile connection. Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
    2. Uncheck the box for Let Windows manage this connection.
    3. Once done, try connecting manually to your mobile broadband while Ethernet is connected and see if it works.

For more information about mobile broadband connection, please check out,
    Cellular settings in Windows 10

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 30, 2018
  4. pintree3 Win User

Connection error 720 broadband network

How2 quickly turn on a Dial-up Broadband Connection?

Here and elsewhere I found how to create a Dial-up, broadband connection (sorry still using this old stuff seeing that I am at a university in China) shortcut placed on the desktop. B4 the shortcut I had to:
    -1- click on the R-side of the task bar icon
    -2- Click on the broadband strip on top
    -3- Click on the connection
    -4- click on Connect
    Creating a shortcut from there (Settings -> Network & Internet -> DIal-up) onto the desktop actually creates an extra step since it defaults to VPN instead--and even if it didn't it would still be 4 steps.
    Is this any way to make this a 1 or 2-step process?
    Thank you

pintree3, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Connection error 720 broadband network

1. Connection error 720 broadband network - Similar Threads - Connection error 720

2. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  3. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  4. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Broadband connection dialup

Broadband connection dialup: Hi. Where does Windows store the network configuration? I'm particularly interested in the configuration of the broadband 'dialup' connection. It does work properly but i would like to know the phone number it calls when i access the net. It is not required to enter the...
  6. VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection

in Windows 10 News
    VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When using VPN software on Windows 10/8/7, it is very likely that you may encounter an error – Error 720, Error connecting to a VPN Connection, A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. This guide will tell [...] This post VPN Error 720 –...
  7. INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND

INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND: please help me i cannot connect to the internet using broadband wi fi i can help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-broadband/843bc761-7151-4fa9-8dd9-6717f0d3db6f
  8. Broadband Connection

Broadband Connection: Microsoft have giving me a ref number, put me through to technical department three times each time i was eventually cut off without speaking to anyone. I have made two call back later times and no one has called. So I still have no broadband connection....
  9. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...
  10. Can't Connect To Broadband Connection

Can't Connect To Broadband Connection: Can't connect to broadband connection The Modem (or other connecting devices) has reported an error While I troubleshooted in network and sharing center I got There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter And There mimight be a problem with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 720 broadband connection

2. connection failed with error 720

3. Error 720 Windows 10 dial-up

4. broadband error 720