Windows 10: Connection is not private Error on chrome.

Discus and support Connection is not private Error on chrome. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i am trying to access https://pubanswers.com/ website but getting the below error: Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chbary, Nov 5, 2018.

1. chbary Win User

Connection is not private Error on chrome.

Hi i am trying to access https://pubanswers.com/ website but getting the below error: Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from pubanswers.com(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

It's happen in chrome only, works fine for other browsers.

:)

chbary, Nov 5, 2018

2. private connection

Hi,

You can customize your Network connection to either Public or Private network. To set your network connection to Private, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, and then select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, select internet connection you are using (ex: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.).
    • Click the network name that you are currently connected to.
    • Under Network window, enable Make this PC discoverable button.

Connection is not private Error on chrome. 01ac483c-a3a0-4fbe-8a73-e02e8fe69afa.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to use.

Monica Cam, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2018
  4. natoscrue Win User

Chrome: "Connection not private" message

This morning when I clicked onto a site I use daily, using yahoo, I got a message saying 'your connection is not private'. The https was crossed out with a red line. I tried some other sites at random eg Marks and Spencer and got the same warning. I tried
    starting from google instead but with got the same result. When I clicked on the chrome sign at the bottom of the screen it took me straight to this site, thankfully. Is there anything I can do? The site I wanted is for a course I'm on and I've never had
    any trouble with it before.

Moved from Virus & Malware

Original title: connection not private

natoscrue, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connection is not private Error on chrome. - Similar Threads - Connection private Error

2. Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia: I have not been able to access specific websites like Wikipedia and Quora on my Windows. How do I fix Your Connection is Not Private error in Chrome to access Wikipedia and QuoraHow to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?...
  3. Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia: I have not been able to access specific websites like Wikipedia and Quora on my Windows. How do I fix Your Connection is Not Private error in Chrome to access Wikipedia and QuoraHow to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?...
  4. Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Your connection is not private chrome error windows 10, how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your connection is not private chrome error windows 10, how to fix this: Hello!When you trying to visit some websites youtube, facebook... they won't load and I'm getting the error below:Your connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from www.example.com for example, passwords, messages, bank information or...
  6. Your connection is not private chrome error windows 10, how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private chrome error windows 10, how to fix this: Hello!When you trying to visit some websites youtube, facebook... they won't load and I'm getting the error below:Your connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from www.example.com for example, passwords, messages, bank information or...
  7. How to fix Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error in chrome?

How to fix Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error in chrome?: How to fix your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error in chrome?I was trying to open rtalbert. org, but it did not open but showed this...Your connection is not privatehere's the error code : NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALIDPlease fix it.Thank you....
  8. How to fix Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error in chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error in chrome?: How to fix your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID error in chrome?I was trying to open rtalbert. org, but it did not open but showed this...Your connection is not privatehere's the error code : NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALIDPlease fix it.Thank you....
  9. How do I fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Chrome?: How to fix your connection is not private net err_cert_date_invalid error in chrome?I was trying to open rtalbert. org, but it did not open but showed this...Your connection is not privatehere's the error code : NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALIDWhy is Chrome saying my connection is...
  10. How do I fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Chrome?

How do I fix “Your Connection is Not Private” Error in Chrome?: How to fix your connection is not private net err_cert_date_invalid error in chrome?I was trying to open rtalbert. org, but it did not open but showed this...Your connection is not privatehere's the error code : NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALIDWhy is Chrome saying my connection is...